Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sith Vol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Memphis, TN
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sorry if this is a stupid question to you guys, but I'm curious to know if iTunes cards also work for the App Store for the Mac?

Stewart21

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
South Yorkshire
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sorry if this is a stupid question to you guys, but I'm curious to know if iTunes cards also work for the App Store for the Mac?

Yes, I redeemed an iTunes card last week in the App Store and then bought an App. Obviously I use the same mac ID in both iTunes and the App Store.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Mac App Store: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I use an iTunes Gift Card or Apple Store Gift Card to make purchases on the Mac App Store?

iTunes Gift Cards can be used to make purchases from the Mac App Store. Apple Store Gift Cards are redeemable in Apple retail stores, and may not be used on the Mac App Store.

VideoBeagle

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2010
App Q&A testing by request.

Others have answered but it's not stupid at all.

I had to contact Apple last year around this time to see if the cards marked as iBooks could be used for music and apps and such. (they can)

Apple does a poor job of making it clear that regardless of the graphic on the cards, it can be used for all the things.

Sith Vol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Memphis, TN

Thanks for help guys. Sorry to make another thread. Should have just done some extra digging.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Incidentally, with the new update to the Apple Store app for iOS, iTunes Gift Cards are now valid for iTunes, the App Store, the iBookstore, the Mac App Store and physical items at the Apple Stores! This is pretty cool, and makes iTunes Gift Cards a very versatile gift.

jW

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
Incidentally, with the new update to the Apple Store app for iOS, iTunes Gift Cards are now valid for iTunes, the App Store, the iBookstore, the Mac App Store and physical items at the Apple Stores! This is pretty cool, and makes iTunes Gift Cards a very versatile gift.

jW

Being able to buy physical items in the Apple Stores is very good as you can often buy itunes gift cards at a discount.

Do you know if there are any restrictions on which physical items can be purchased at the Apple store?

Daud

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2008
Being able to buy physical items in the Apple Stores is very good as you can often buy itunes gift cards at a discount.

Do you know if there are any restrictions on which physical items can be purchased at the Apple store?

It seems to work on accessories only, no ipod, ipad or macbook :mad:

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando

Only items that are out on the shelves, nothing that they would bring from the back room, so no computers.

jW

courtneyjoy79

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2011
Hey there everyone!! I just redeemed my itunes gift card on my iphone 4, to receive apps! I cant seem to get apps! I went to the app store and it doesnt recognize the gift card! Then i went to itunes and search for apps on there and all i get is music,vids,and podcast?! I have a debit card but im over in my account so bc of my irresponsible actions i cant download apps! i was excited to receive this gift card strictly bc i could download apps!1 What am i doing wrong?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.