Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iNeko

macrumors regular
May 13, 2007
England
DVD and a wide range of digital stores including Direct2Drive, MacAppStore, Feral's WebStore, MacGameStore and more.

It will be out Winter 2011/2012 but we have not announced a firm date yet.

Edwin

You sir, are a legend. I own the collector's edition on PS3 and I'm more than willing to buy it again from the App Store! (even though I also have it on Steam)

I do have one teeny request though, if it's not too difficult, can you guys make it work with the Intel HD 3000 (even in a basic low-res 2D form, heck, even text only would be great) so I can play it on my Air? (well, not just me, but you know what I mean ;) )

I can't wait to have a portable Mac OS X version (even if I can only play it on my MBP) Keep up the good work!

Also, Borderlands (also a port from Feral) runs like a dream on my Air (even with all the boxes ticked), absolutely incredible how you managed that. Major kudos! :D

design-is

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
London / U.K.
Quick question, if I buy the boxed Mac version I can play without the DVD inside right?

Assuming it'll use Feral's current DRM, you'll have the option of playing with the disc in the drive or a one time online activation to allow you to play without the disc in your drive :)

Poxican

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2010
I know the discussion has changed tack slightly here but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas...

I've got a 2010 27" Imac, i5 Quadcore, 4gb RAM, 1GB ATI HD 5800.

I can't seem to run Deus Ex at decent settings with a nice framerate at all! Other people with comparable systems seem to be maxing everything out and getting great framerates.

I'm running it at 1920x1200, edge aa, bilinear texture filtering, shadows normal, SSAO off, DOF normal, and DirectX 11 on, although DX11 doesnt seem to make any difference whether it's on or off. I have V-Sync on as it's unplayable due to screen-tear otherwise.

Here's the info from catalyst about my drivers etc.:
Driver Packaging Version 8.881-110728a-122944C-ATI
Catalyst Version 11.8
Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1178
2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000
Direct3D Version 7.14.10.0855
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.11005
Catalyst Control Center Version 2011.0728.1756.30366

Anyone got any ideas? I'm running it in Win7 64bit.

(Sorry to de/re-rail the thread ;) )

Objectivist-C

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2006
For those of you with slower hardware, DX:HR is available on OnLive, which works quite well in my experience. They're also running an "any game for $1" promotion for new accounts.

nilka

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
I haven't heard anything about this the last month and a half. Is it still on its way to the mac platform. I really would hate it if it would get cancelled. I really love the game, just as much as I really hate to boot into windows.

So please let us get som infeo on where it stands.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
I haven't heard anything about this the last month and a half. Is it still on its way to the mac platform. I really would hate it if it would get cancelled. I really love the game, just as much as I really hate to boot into windows.

Why would it be cancelled? Gran Turismo 5 had no updates for months yet nobody thought that was cancelled.

Feral stated it would ship "Winter 2011/2012" it has only just entered the Winter season and we have not even entered 2012!

Patience just because you hear nothing for 6 weeks does not mean the world is ending :)

Edwin

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Is anyone besides me waiting for Feral's native Mac version this XMas?

I am most certainly am! Less than two weeks to find out.

----------

Follow Feral on Twitter, or just visit their site. They recently mentioned Deus Ex like last week on Twitter and bumped the game up on their "coming soon (any moment)" list.

Can't wait! :D

NeedMoreVideo

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2011
Anyone know of any updates on this? The game seems to be not mentioned anywhere on feral's site now other then the initial press release.

deadwulfe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
They usually don't mention games until it's close to ready for release; a month or 3 out. That may be an indication of when to expect it or it may just be them getting the press release out there for potential customers who will only buy it on 1 platform and not PC and Mac.

ViolentHero

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

No need wait for the Mac version. I already got the Augmented Edition on OnLive with free access to Deus Ex: Game Of The Year Edition.

g-7

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2006
Poland
The game seems to be not mentioned anywhere on feral's site now other then the initial press release.

At least it is mentioned on their "Upcoming Releases" page, so let's hope they didn't forget it.

ElazY.jpg

In December 2011 they even launched the promised minisite, but it disappeared shortly. I didn't make a screenshot, but it was there for a few days.

nilka

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
Well winter came and now it is gone. And still no Deus Ex - Human revolution for the mac. It makes me a bit sad, still I am waiting and in good spirit. But now that BioShock 2 is out is there any chance Edwin could give us some kind of update on this.
I really want to do a rerun of this game but I wont do it until I have it on OS X.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Well winter came and now it is gone. And still no Deus Ex - Human revolution for the mac. It makes me a bit sad, still I am waiting and in good spirit. But now that BioShock 2 is out is there any chance Edwin could give us some kind of update on this.
I really want to do a rerun of this game but I wont do it until I have it on OS X.

I get your point, in our defence Winter has not quite gone in some parts of the world, why in Australia & South Africa it's the beginning of winter right now not the end. :p

The project is really quite far along but I would get neutered if I gave any guestimates. I have bookmarked this thread so I will post once we have a release date for public consumption, not matter what I will post after the Easter weekend with an update for all you fans :)

Keep the faith

Edwin

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
The mini site has been just made live. We also have an official release date!

The game is a brand new ultimate edition (never released on PC or Console). It contains all of the DLC including pre-order exclusives, it also includes all the Enhanced edition videos (in HD) and artwork booklets.

Check it all out here :)

Warhawk15

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2012
Too bad it doesn't support the Macbook Airs.
Oh well, I already beat it on the xbox several months ago when it came out, amazing game!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.