Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DropKick

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
If anyone saw the movie, what case was on the macbook air? Was it a custom job? It looked decent.

DropKick

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
yeah it looked very similar, hm. I'm guessing it was a custom job for the movie.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

About to see it in NYC. Any reviews ?? Super pumped. Lincoln center in NYC.

driftless

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2011
Chicago-area
We just came back from seeing the movie this afternoon, very cool. It is my favorite of all the MI movies. The carbon case was cool. We saw it in iMax which certainly has come a long way.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
We just came back from seeing the movie this afternoon, very cool. It is my favorite of all the MI movies. The carbon case was cool. We saw it in iMax which certainly has come a long way.

Just came back from 70 mm imax in lincoln nyc... Can't remember the last time I was on edge of the seat for the most of the movie. Dubai tall building scene must be seen on full imax screen. Unreal!!

Oh yeah, MBA being on that movie was super cool as well !!!! (not to mention all the cell phone was iphone except one I think)

driftless

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2011
Chicago-area
There were a couple MUST HAVE iPhone apps in the movie as well. I can't find them in iTunes, IMF (Impossible Missions Forces) must have their own source .........:rolleyes:

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Movie was awesome I now regret that I didn't go to Dubai while I was in the military.

I wish we had that iPad app and that camera screen to make a hallway become a mirror basically. That was incredible!

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
The one in the movie has a smooth surface. There is no smooth version on the site. Its not the does carbon shell.

The phones could be the stealth ranger but I dont recall seeing carbon fiber sides.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I just saw the movie the other day after reading this thread, so I paid extra attention to the Air and iPhones (although it was tough cuz the movie itself was so good:p).

As for the iPhones at the end of the movie, the cases looked similar to this one I bought from Verizon, though I couldn't tell if those had the kickstand. I don't believe they were carbon fiber cases.

I think the Air in MI4 is the old one (pre-2010), isn't it?
I was thinking the same thing. Its definitely the older Air. I tried googling for the carbon fiber case, but I can't find anything close. The case in the movie was definitely more rugged than the ones I'm finding online.

Edit: Looks like the poster above is correct, it was in fact the ION Carbonshell case. Video clip. Product Link.
Don't believe so. I am pretty sure the back-lit apple was visible through the MBA case.

Awesome movie, we had a blast watching it.
Yep, the Apple logo was visible through a circular opening.

Last edited:

Queen6

macrumors G4
Not seen the movie, anyway liked the look of the case for my 2011 Air 13 inch, received today very disappointed lower shell fits perfectly, upper has little or no retention and does not match the curve of the Air`s lid exactly, as a result short of resorting to some form of adhesive there is no way the upper will stay in place. I expected a lot more for the price $90.

I have mailed ION, however due to heavy work commitments it`s very difficult for me to return the case, stranger in a strange land and all that, it would likely cost me more in lost time to return the defective case than the actual cost in the first place, so will probably end up eating the cost...

If they require pictures I will send as hopefully it will help to present reoccurrence, maybe a one off, however be warned if like me returning by post is not straight forward you may want to think twice :mad:

terryzx

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2007
Cincinnati
Here is that case from carbonfibergear.com

Video with a link to buy like i just did

Last edited by a moderator:

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
Don't understand why people put holes in the back of cases.

They do the same for iPhones/iPads. So ugly.

One reason I hate OtterBox... I don't care to flash an Apple logo at everyone I walk by.

I must say that is a pretty sleek case, but why hide such a beautiful laptop that isn't that prone to damage anyway? At least not as prone to damage as a phone or tablet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.