Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The-Truth

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2011
Finally got my box today after having requested it on 11/12.

Gotta love the attention to detail, Apple even included a pice of packing tape to reseal the box.

Attention to detail like missing promised box ship window, not updating regarding delay, referring to a foam bag and having another typo in the letter that came with the return box?

akamu24

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2011
Still haven't received my replacement unit-- pretty sad. Apple is pushing me to cave and buy an iPhone just so that I can listen to my music. :rolleyes:

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
So wait, when it says "Service Requested" does that mean they're sending the box to me? Because I still haven't received anything (13th Nov requested showed up/received email) I love that there's no immediate contact address either, so if a courier has mucked up somewhere a long the time, I just have to sit here and wait...

eye

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2009
Detroit
So wait, when it says "Service Requested" does that mean they're sending the box to me? Because I still haven't received anything (13th Nov requested showed up/received email) I love that there's no immediate contact address either, so if a courier has mucked up somewhere a long the time, I just have to sit here and wait...

Submitted mine that same day. Still nothing. It's almost like Jobs isnt running the place any more or something.

Strimkind

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2009
Exactly the same message on my side - service requested dates and processing dates all match exactly...

btw - I'm in Canada... anyone else in Canada get a replacement yet?

Not me. Still waiting for mine 11/23/11 is when they got mine.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Submitted mine that same day. Still nothing. It's almost like Jobs isnt running the place any more or something.

Tbh, the support arm of Apple has always been incredibly hit and miss... So guess we just have to all wait and see. It sucks that some people have got there's sorted so fast where as others are still stuck in the dark.

What annoys me more is people who submitted requests more recently have been answered where as those who submitted ages ago are being ignored, it's like they don't want to work through the back log and would rather just sort the slow stream of new requests...

thatdrewguy

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2009
Finally

Attachments

• nano.jpg
    nano.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 181

CoolCatGee

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2008
Just got an email for my replacement... with the serial of the replacement, and i checked the serial on apple, and its a 6th gen Nano :)

Last edited:

thatdrewguy

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2009
Just got an email for my replacement... with the serial of the replacement, and i checked the serial on apple, and its a 6th gen Nano :)

You are right, same here. It didn't occur to me to check the serial number. Wow so I sent in a 2gb nano and I'll receive at least an 8gb 6th gen nano, sweet.

pumazooma

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2010
UK
Believe it when I see it. I still think we'll get old ones back otherwise there wouldn't be a need for a 6 week turnaround.

It might be that it's a new serial number that hasn't been assigned to the old model.

driftless

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2011
Chicago-area
thatdrewguy & CoolCatGee and others who are receiving emails, what country do you live in?

Last edited by a moderator:

thatdrewguy

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2009
Where do I check that? I'm looking to find where I can see the status of mine...
There's a link from the email that is sent back from apple when they received my returned nano. Or you can go to apple, support, repairs but I think you need to enter either the case or repair number. My fedex tracking shows it will arrive tomorrow, well actually today as it is after midnight here.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
There's a link from the email that is sent back from apple when they received my returned nano. Or you can go to apple, support, repairs but I think you need to enter either the case or repair number. My fedex tracking shows it will arrive tomorrow, well actually today as it is after midnight here.
Ah thanks for that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.