Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caughtintheweb

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Hi,

I have some old movies which i converted to mp4 format and added to my itunes. I have external subtitles which I really dont want to burn into the movie as it takes too long to do so. Is there anyway I can play this movie with subtitles on apple tv / itunes ?

caughtintheweb

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Thanks a lot. Thats a great tool. I have like 45-50 files, is there anyway to do it all at once. The subtitle files have same name as file name. But anyways thanks. It still is better than encoding again using handbrake.

roidy

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2008
Nottingham, UK
I'm not a Mac user, but Subler has a command line version so it shouldn't be to hard to write a small script to loop through all the files in a directory and run the correct Subler command line instruction to add the corresponding subtitles to each file.

Infact there maybe a Subler commmand line example in the Subler wiki that you could use or modify to do it, if not maybe some kind Mac user would be willing to write you one if you asked nicely:D

Navdakilla

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
I'm not a Mac user, but Subler has a command line version so it shouldn't be to hard to write a small script to loop through all the files in a directory and run the correct Subler command line instruction to add the corresponding subtitles to each file.

Infact there maybe a Subler commmand line example in the Subler wiki that you could use or modify to do it, if not maybe some kind Mac user would be willing to write you one if you asked nicely:D

writing commands might be a little hard, I just manually load the movie into subler, than drag and drop the subtitles into the program and voila. (of course you have to delete and re-add the movie into iTunes)
works well for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.