Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ncarnall

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
I have had a Incase case fitted since new, one of the bottom clips soon broke and I got a free replacement from Incase which was good as it cost nearly £50 from Apple store. Well now the replacement has also broken a clip off, do you think they'll replace it again or refund me? or should I go back to Apple store?

LAS.mac

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
Mexico
I have had a Incase case fitted since new, one of the bottom clips soon broke and I got a free replacement from Incase which was good as it cost nearly £50 from Apple store. Well now the replacement has also broken a clip off, do you think they'll replace it again or refund me? or should I go back to Apple store?

I don't think Apple Store will be of any help on third part accessories.
I'd write Incase kindly ask for a clip. Maybe offer to buy a couple since they broke somewhat often...

ncarnall

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
I'd write Incase kindly ask for a clip. Maybe offer to buy a couple since they broke somewhat often...

The clip is a moulded on parts, so will need a whole replacement bottom.

aeboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2009
Bay Area
If it's past the return window, it's up to Incase, apple won't do anything.

Last edited:

doktordoris

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2009

If apple sold the item, the sale contract is with them. not with the manufacturers, so if the item is faulty it is apples fault. in the uk at least. I get so mad when people buy an item, an xbox 360 say, and when it goes wrong the shop says tell Microsoft, nothing to do with us. The contract is with the person who sells the goods, not the people who made it.

ncarnall

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
Incase were excellent and have sent another replacement cover. No hassle at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.