Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qtrim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Is there a way on Mac/Lion to get my pictures off my iPhone without using iPhoto? In Windows, you can just drag and drop them where you like. I wan that same functionality with my Mac.

Sirolway

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2009
London
Image Capture will probably do it - it's on all Macs. Or buy Aperture for the laughably low fee on the App Store - great app

salacious

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2011
Is there a way on Mac/Lion to get my pictures off my iPhone without using iPhoto? In Windows, you can just drag and drop them where you like. I wan that same functionality with my Mac.

image capture, its already on the laptop, i started a thread about custom videos, and image capture lets you take anything off from your phone.

Sirolway

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2009
London
Pow! How fast are the replies on this forum! lol

Seriously - I love the little apps that come with the Mac - Preview, Image Capture, etc - they're fantastically good

qtrim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
You guys are awesome. I'm only two week into owning a Mac and I couldn't figure that out. I dont care for iPhoto at all. I dont like something else managing several versions of my photos.

iArch

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2008
All Over
You guys are awesome. I'm only two week into owning a Mac and I couldn't figure that out. I dont care for iPhoto at all. I dont like something else managing several versions of my photos.

You're far from alone. Head on down to the Mac Apps forum and search for ways to avoid using iPhoto. Briefly, I use Google's Picasa to manage pics on my Mac. It preserves your folder/file structure and easily manages snagging pics from your iPhone.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I'm always amused when I see people who don't like their computer to do computations for them. That's kind of, you know, the point of owning one.

But hey...I'm not here to convince you otherwise, you can do whatever you like. All I know is that if I couldn't have Aperture or Light Room I'd probably shoot myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.