Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rubley21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
AFTER MUCH ATTEMPTED RESEARCH TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM MYSELF, THIS IS MY LAST RESORT AND I AM ASKING YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

Hello All,

----------iPhone 3gs - 5.0.1 / 6.15.00 / OLD BOOTROM---------

GOAL: UNLOCK for T-Mobile.

Purchased iPhone off internet > updated to ipad bb > Jailbroke > installed ultrasn0w > NO SERVICE=NOT UNLOCKED

I then proceeded to look for a solution to this problem. I found this ultrasn0w fixer file, continued to follow directions. Ended up not working due to me not uninstalling ultrasn0w before following the steps.

So I figured start all over, fresh jailbreak. Ran Redsn0w beta 8 and received this horrible, HORRIBLE error

Please wait...
Please wait...
Please wait...
...60000ms error...

The phone is currently in a recovery loop and I am struggling to fix the problem.

I have tried:
-Using redsn0w beta 9 and received a 'panic: we are hanging here'
-Using Greenpois0n and receiving an error followed by 'Greenpois0n initialized'
-Letting iTunes stock restore > error > DFU > Redsn0w's JUSTBOOT button > Then hung up on the pineapple followed by recovery loop.

I understand that my solution might have something to do with TinyUmbrella, however I am not very familiar nor have I used TU/shsh blobs in the past.

Please feel free to spill your Jailbreak knowledge. THANK YOU

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Put it in to DFU mode, restore it back to 4.1. Jailbreak, re-flash ipad baseband, and then unlock with ultrasn0w.

For some reason, Apple still signs 4.1 so that the reason you can downgrade to that firmware.

Rubley21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
Thank you by the way for responding.

I just put it in DFU then shift restored the stock 4.1 fw and I received error 1015.

Rubley21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
Awesome! You're a lifesaver, I haven't gotten this far in 2 days. I reached cydia and
Unable to Load (The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be "cydia.saurik.com" which could put your confidential information at risk.)
This is keeping me from installing ultrasn0w. Where should I go from here?

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Awesome! You're a lifesaver, I haven't gotten this far in 2 days. I reached cydia and
Unable to Load (The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be "cydia.saurik.com" which could put your confidential information at risk.)
This is keeping me from installing ultrasn0w. Where should I go from here?

2 issues here.

1. first issue is the unable to load et..
Check the time & date on your phone make sure it is correct. Once you set it to current time & date, you fix this issue.

2. There is problem with ultrasn0w in Cydia now. They are fixing it currently and hopefully it will be up and running soon.

Rubley21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
Alright, I went into the settings and looked for Eastern time. New York U.S.A. was off, it said 8:30? So I manually adjusted the time to the correct time and got the same error. Hmmm....

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Alright, I went into the settings and looked for Eastern time. New York U.S.A. was off, it said 8:30? So I manually adjusted the time to the correct time and got the same error. Hmmm....

Check the date, make sure it today date as well as the year. Yours probably said 2000 now.

Rubley21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
It's not 1970! Alright cool that worked. OK... What is the repo for ultrasn0w? It's not coming up when i search for it.

Rubley21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
Darn.. Verification Error Could not connect to the server.
I have a solid Wifi signal and am able to load webpages :\

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Darn.. Verification Error Could not connect to the server.
I have a solid Wifi signal and am able to load webpages :\

Like I said above, there is issue with Ultrasn0w now. Dev team is working hard to fix it. Hopefully, it will be up soon.

It has nothing to do with your phone or your wifi. you can visit their blog and see dhlizard post over there. I am over there as well under the same name :D

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/11430068008/pre-qualifier#idc-cover

So, be patience. Today is your good day already. :)

Rubley21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011

Rubley21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
You're welcome.

Once it is up and running, just install ultrasn0w onto your phone.

Also, make sure you turn of 3G in network setting so you can use your phone with T-Mobile sim/network.

Ok, I'll do that now. One more question, about how long does something like that take? hours? days? weeks? months? I would just like to have an idea. I'll just check daily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.