Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kirsch92

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2009
I sent my request on Nov. 21 and haven't received my shipping box either. What the hell is going on? Did UPS lose the box? I better not get a notice saying the repair deadline has passed.

Me too. Since Nov 16th. Still stuck at Service Requested.

mikehockenballs

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007
Greater Manchester, England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It's going to be a first generation Nano, same color and capacity as the one you sent in. That's what it'll be.

Looks like you could be wrong going off what the posts above this one are saying, people could receive 6G versions in return for their 1G versions.

This is why my original post asked if anyone had actually received their replacement iPod yet to confirm what version they had received. Anyone could guess at what version could be sent out.

I am still waiting for my replacement, wonder if it will come in time for christmas?

ilovemyibook

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

mikehockenballs said:

It's going to be a first generation Nano, same color and capacity as the one you sent in. That's what it'll be.

Looks like you could be wrong going off what the posts above this one are saying, people could receive 6G versions in return for their 1G versions.

This is why my original post asked if anyone had actually received their replacement iPod yet to confirm what version they had received. Anyone could guess at what version could be sent out.

I am still waiting for my replacement, wonder if it will come in time for christmas?

Several people had already gotten back first generation Nano's when I posted that.

teebe69

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2011
Central England, UK
Lost in post???

Hi all. I'm in the UK.

I requested my box on the 19/11, it was sent on 24/11 and I received it and sent my iPod back on the 1/12. Since then nothing has happened. I've checked the status every couple of days and it still hasn't got to stage 2.

I've found my certificate of posting and put the barcode number in to Royal Mails 'track & trace' website and it says my package is being progressed through the network.

Where do I go now. Has anyone got a number for Apple that I can phone? It looks like my iPod has got lost in our wonderful postal service.

Dave

33man

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2011
Hi all. I'm in the UK.

I requested my box on the 19/11, it was sent on 24/11 and I received it and sent my iPod back on the 1/12. Since then nothing has happened. I've checked the status every couple of days and it still hasn't got to stage 2.

I've found my certificate of posting and put the barcode number in to Royal Mails 'track & trace' website and it says my package is being progressed through the network.

Where do I go now. Has anyone got a number for Apple that I can phone? It looks like my iPod has got lost in our wonderful postal service.

Dave

This is the original repair status when they shipped my empty box...

But as the box did come and i got no news after 10 days i called apple and they organized another pickup and repair id and it look like the following :

Last edited by a moderator:

batch

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2011
Hi all. I'm in the UK.

I'm in the UK. Mine took 2 weeks from posting it back to getting a status update change of "empty box shipped" -> "product placement pending".

I realise yours has been a bit longer, but this may be because of the normal Christmas slowdown, etc.

I wouldn't worry just yet, even if it is frustrating. At least you have the proof of postage.

Mr. Amiga500

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2007
Canada
This is the original repair status when they shipped my empty box...

Fascinating. I just checked my repair status again and now see something identical. At least I know something is happening. Now I just have to worry about the UPS person screwing up.

Hiro32

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2008
Finally I received a padded envelope from Apple, CA.
I put my iPod Nano in the plastic bag, and sent it by UPS Ground (pre-paid label attached) today :)

Last edited:

Hiro32

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2008
Finally I received a padded envelope from Apple, CA.
I put my iPod Nano in the plastic bag, and sent it by UPS Ground (pre-paid label attached) today :)

I received email from Apple today.
Apple shipped 6th generation iPod Nano today according to the new serial number.
It took about two weeks since I shipped my 1st generation iPod Nano to Apple.

lbur145

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Can anyone confirm that they are still sending out 6G nanos to replace 1G?

I sent mine off recently when I found out about the program, still waiting for Royal Mail to process the shipment.

halfnhalf

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2012
Can anyone confirm that they are still sending out 6G nanos to replace 1G?

I sent mine off recently when I found out about the program, still waiting for Royal Mail to process the shipment.

I'm also wondering/waiting for when they start sending 7th gens...

lbur145

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Well they've already started to ship the 7th gen models now, but I doubt they would be sending 7th gens out as a replacement for free... it would be nice if they did though :p

matneh

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2008
So when do you think will they start replacing the 1st Gen Nano's with 7th Gens?

spencer6891

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
So when do you think will they start replacing the 1st Gen Nano's with 7th Gens?

I'm curious about this as well. I have a 1st gen but would not be willing to send it in for a 6th gen replacement which is an inferior design.

spencer6891

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012

I'm curious about this as well. I have a 1st gen but would not be willing to send it in for a 6th gen replacement which is an inferior design.

cameronfree

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
Has anyone requested a replacement recently? Just curious if they've switched to replacing with the 7th Gen iPod.

I thought I had lost my 1st Gen, just found it and requested replacement. Can't believe program is still going on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.