Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rappytaffy1

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
Long story short, she took pictures in photobooth on her sisters laptop using the guest account and then she deleted the photos after sending them, now shes paranoid that it may still be on her sisters password protected account. Is this true or are they gone for good?

Nov 28, 2010
located
If they have been deleted from the Guest account and been emptied from the Trash, then they are gone, unless one uses data recovery software to retrieve them.
Btw, they are not stored outside the Guest account, thus the sister can only see them, if not properly deleted, from the Guest account or browse via Finder to the Guest account folder.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Long story short, she took pictures in photobooth on her sisters laptop using the guest account and then she deleted the photos after sending them, now shes paranoid that it may still be on her sisters password protected account. Is this true or are they gone for good?

haha love the story

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Please share the pictures so we can assess them fully and give you the best advice on how to delete them.

stickybuns

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
I am shocked that no one has made the obligatory "pictures or it didn't happen" comment.

ETA: thank you, theSEB for restoring my faith in humanity.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
I am shocked that no one has made the obligatory "pictures or it didn't happen" comment.

ETA: thank you, theSEB for restoring my faith in humanity.

that is the first thing i thought as well! pictures, or it didn't happen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.