Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zalves

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
Portugal
Hi

everyday I'm having my iPhone 4 with iOS5 crashed during a call, it work normally for a few seconds but freezes all the sudden. I have to press the power button for some time and then hold the home button for it to restart Even after the restart it doesn't work properly, like starts call with speaker activated and if I turn it off crashes immediately. Sometimes it seems to work properly. What can I do?

Next phone will be Nokia.... those guys have been doing them since ever.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Is this your first iPhone?

Anyway, you can correct this by DFU restoring as new. Do not restore from backup, as this might recreate the problem for you.

Jamkas

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2011
North New Jersey
First thing, before you do a DFU restore as said above, try Settings > General > Reset > Reset all Settings AND once that is finished Reset Network Settings

zalves

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
Portugal
Thanks for the advice,

I will try to reset.

It's not jailbroken, got it from apple store a month ago as a replacement under warranty.

vlad.serban

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2012
Exactly the same problem.

First it started with some VERY LOUD STATIC, followed by loss in sound in calls (no one can hear me and I couldn't hear them). I could end the call, but the problem persisted if I tried immediately.

After 30-45 minutes the problem disappeared.

NOW, the phone not only is loosing sound in calls but also CRASHES... (only hard-reboot works).

I also notice that the phone is very hot when it is doing this.

iPhone 4, ios 5.0.1 jailbroken. Any ideeas? this doesn't seem to be a software problem, but more of a hardware problem (caused by some "bad" code in iOS 5.0.1.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.