Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
I will probably upgrade for a retina display. Everything else could be the same as the iPad 2.

You wont want the a5 powering that huge retina display.... the ipad will beg for mercy under it.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
Apple - going from "cool" to "cheesy"

Leave SJ alone.

----------

You wont want the a5 powering that huge retina display.... the ipad will beg for mercy under it.

And new Intel's Atom will not be ready by February yet.

C

champ01

17-inch iPad?

The line would be really short considering you'd be the only person buying it.

Maybe you think that but you would be so wrong. ;)

I'll would buy that in a heartbeat.
It would be very useful in the audio and video industry to give you a reason.
Of course I would keep a smaller version for traveling.

Anyway.. it would be great if iPad3 has more to offer.
Give it a usb (or thunderbolt) connection so its safer and easier to connect stuff to it.
Also put more power on it. I don't want to work with separate powered usb hubs to connect things.
It makes the iPad at this point still a gadget and not something you would use in a pro environment because there are other options to buy which makes it easier to do the job.

I know you can do thing wireless etc etc but its still not the easiest way to do stuff.
Apple is about clean and simple. I want my job to be clean and simple.

Last edited by a moderator:

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009

You would not be able to hold this thing in hands and if all you want is a touch-screen then just buy all-in-one PC with one.

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
Now that would be a great tribute to the man. Maybe a nice Pic on the box cover showing him. :)

C

champ01

You would not be able to hold this thing in hands and if all you want is a touch-screen then just buy all-in-one PC with one.

A 17inch ipad would be a all-in-one system.

Its just IOS that needs to be more mature.
I really hoped that this would go faster but I guess that as long as Apple keeps selling IOS devices like crazy they don't have to.
Thats the problem with having a business and keeping yourself in the game.
Only when we create a free world we have the latest and greatest things available (sadly enough that can take years to accomplish and maybe even never happen)

TMay

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2001
Carson City, NV

Anyway.. it would be great if iPad3 has more to offer.
Give it a usb (or thunderbolt) connection so its safer and easier to connect stuff to it.
Also put more power on it. I don't want to work with separate powered usb hubs to connect things.
It makes the iPad at this point still a gadget and not something you would use in a pro environment because there are other options to buy which makes it easier to do the job.

I know you can do thing wireless etc etc but its still not the easiest way to do stuff.
Apple is about clean and simple. I want my job to be clean and simple.

Not that I disagree with iPad Pro models, but what I am really looking for is an iPad that morphs to an input device when connected to a Mac. This is how I have always seen the iPad and iPhone, and some third party apps do exist that accomplish this.

Detlev_73

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2004
Roswell, GA
<about to explode in anticipation>

:)

Already have plenty of time to take off from work to go sit in line. Now that I've had RNY, the amount of food I need is negligible, my need to pee has gone down dramatically, and it will be certainly easier to camp out for an extended period of time.

iPad 3 on the first day! :D

nylonsteel

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2010
re original article

that would be a nice gesture to commemorate mr jobs

better yet -

same day release new ip5 and mac mini+

MotoMaster

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2010
Wish granted.

I'll do you one better.

U9hIn.gif

alexlovesmacs

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2008
That would be awesome if Apple would release a limited edition iPad with an engraving of Steve Job's picture on the back of the iPad. :D

Teste

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
Why Siri? Its a gimmick. It's kinda ok on an iPhone as its small, and if you use a headset you dont have to put your mouth up to the phone, but on an iPad....what the heck's the point in that?

I know they will put it on either way but its hardly a major selling point :rolleyes: The major selling point(s) would be Retina Display, A6 chip and with any luck a RAM upgrade to 1GB.

The "retina" brand is by itself a gimmick. It's only going to last as long as it's good for Apple to make people believe that a "retina" display is the best possible display someone could achieve.

A faster processor is likely all the significant difference the new iPad will have.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
That's my problem.

I don't use my iPad much now as it's a pain to need iTunes, even with a double retina display it's not going to fix these problems, so I don't know what to do.

Just making the screen res better is not going to make iOS any better or more flexible.

:(

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona
it's not jobs's apple anymore, stop with this madness.

You're right. Is Apple a company that makes some great electronics or is it a cult? By many accounts Jobs was vindictive, nasty man with a great eye for beautiful products and a great user experience. Now we're going to deny people their holiday so we can celebrate his birthday? Shall we name it Jobsmas?

Quazimojo

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
Auburn Hills,Mi
I could see Apple capitalizing on this totally.

Steve Jobs commemorative edition type thing.

Makes sense to me .

Its not like they are capitalizing on his death, just his birth, which sounds a little more realistic and moral i guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.