Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
Slightly bigger and nearly 2x bigger aren't really the same thing. Sure some people may jump on it, but I think it would by in large be a very niche product, like a Mac Pro.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Feb 24 2012 is a Friday. No way they'll do a major announcement on a Friday.

1.they said launch, as in first day of sales

2. Apple does what Apple wants.

----------

It would be like a Chinese company coming to the USA and saying we want to limit your time off at Thanksgiving / Christmas / New Year so we can meet a deadline.

how is that different from all the retail stores putting up a vacation blackout from at least Black Friday to the day after Christmas, if not more

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
I think it'll be done when it's done. If that happens to be Jobs's Birthday so be it but they won't be aiming for that.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Lets see, new iPads, little iPads, big iPads, stevejobs bad, steve jobs good, america good, europe bad, europe good america good, hitler bad hitler good, hitler bad poster bad...

great thread everyone. Covered it all in 206 comments.

Since we're veering, happy amalgamated pantheistic winter solstice celebration! ...imported from egypt, scattered and mutated, sloppily reunited by the Ceasars and pinned on a drifting Dec 25th, then rebranded as part of the official Roman religion by the Council of Nicaea in 325AD, spread by Constantines bloodthirsty soldiers for another 1200 years, until Pope Gregory sorted it out in his his "accurate enough" (if not a little shortsighted) Super Happy Friends Forever Calendar, which we still use today out of sheer complacency. It's been a long two days of dedicating feasts of abundance, gathering around a decorated tree, a symbol of life persevering through the cold dead winter, the midnight mass to celebrate the night after which days and light and warmth grow longer, the ordained giving of gifts to the poor and downtrodden, telling stories of St Nicholas/Santa Klaus, the magical elves of the north, and waiting for Odins 8 legged reindeer-pulled chariot to streak across the sky delivering sweet treats to the kids who left out sweets for his steed.... a wholesome, traditional, american "christmas".

toondw

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2009
Northumberland, UK
Well, been away from macroumors for a few months until the last few days and I see a normal post has been hijacked by folks having political auguments and auguments over food

And it used to be a usefull site!

Anyway, many people automatically just buy the next model in line regardless of release dates. You usually get a good resale price on apple products.

Oh wait, the last bit should have gone onto the "buy now or wait post" nevermind! :p

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
Well, been away from macroumors for a few months until the last few days and I see a normal post has been hijacked by folks having political auguments and auguments over food

Anyway, many people automatically just buy the next model in line regardless of release dates. You usually get a good resale price on apple products.

Oh wait, the last bit should have gone onto the "buy now or wait post" nevermind! :p
I want the iPad 3 but as soon as I buy it... the iPad 4 and then the iPad 5 rumor mill will start.

I don't want to let go of my original iPad 1 for some reason.

Do I really need the iPad 3 though? Well, it'd be nice to have the latest and greatest.

MSM Hobbes

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2006
NE Hoosierana
Don't sacrifice quality or performance for some target date. Would rather ensure that all works properly, consistently, over long term than having something come out early. So if it means an extra couple weeks / months, then so be it.

toondw

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2009
Northumberland, UK
I want the iPad 3 but as soon as I buy it... the iPad 4 and then the iPad 5 rumor mill will start.

I don't want to let go of my original iPad 1 for some reason.

Do I really need the iPad 3 though? Well, it'd be nice to have the latest and greatest.

I just tend to upgrade each year regardless.....i sell my "older" model usually on ebay. A bit like buying a car then part ex-ing it every year.....works for me. I usually get a decent price so between buying the ipad and iphone updates i usually spend about £300 a year out of my own pocket, not bad really!

rotarydialz

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2008
I hope this story isn't true. I don't want to see another Playbook or Touchpad type of product that could've been brilliant but ends up tarnishing the company's reputation. They just need to bring it to market when it is perfected. That would be the best way to honor Steve Jobs.

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
Bring it on plenty of money in the bank and I am sure the iPad 2 well sell just fine :)

----------

I hope this story isn't true. I don't want to see another Playbook or Touchpad type of product that could've been brilliant but ends up tarnishing the company's reputation. They just need to bring it to market when it is perfected. That would be the best way to honor Steve Jobs.

Steve is gone but Apple is not going to bring out garbage unless they want their stock to drop like a rock. Any big mistake and people will freak. :eek:

----------

Lets see, new iPads, little iPads, big iPads, stevejobs bad, steve jobs good, america good, europe bad, europe good america good, hitler bad hitler good, hitler bad poster bad...

great thread everyone. Covered it all in 206 comments.

Since we're veering, happy amalgamated pantheistic winter solstice celebration! ...imported from egypt, scattered and mutated, sloppily reunited by the Ceasars and pinned on a drifting Dec 25th, then rebranded as part of the official Roman religion by the Council of Nicaea in 325AD, spread by Constantines bloodthirsty soldiers for another 1200 years, until Pope Gregory sorted it out in his his "accurate enough" (if not a little shortsighted) Super Happy Friends Forever Calendar, which we still use today out of sheer complacency. It's been a long two days of dedicating feasts of abundance, gathering around a decorated tree, a symbol of life persevering through the cold dead winter, the midnight mass to celebrate the night after which days and light and warmth grow longer, the ordained giving of gifts to the poor and downtrodden, telling stories of St Nicholas/Santa Klaus, the magical elves of the north, and waiting for Odins 8 legged reindeer-pulled chariot to streak across the sky delivering sweet treats to the kids who left out sweets for his steed.... a wholesome, traditional, american "christmas".

Krampus is coming to my home muhahahaha. He is way more fun with those whips.

Last edited by a moderator:

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England

MOD NOTE: If you see a thread hijacked or deviating into political topics that belong in PRSI please report it.

The mods can't be everywhere, especially during the holidays. We go where users like you point us to.

Since we're veering...

Let's not, and say we did.

B

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
I don't see why people think that this is a silly rumor. It's not like he was an ordinary guy. ya know

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
I just tend to upgrade each year regardless.....i sell my "older" model usually on ebay. A bit like buying a car then part ex-ing it every year.....works for me. I usually get a decent price so between buying the ipad and iphone updates i usually spend about £300 a year out of my own pocket, not bad really!

Couldn't agree more. Exactly what I do and it works.

New models every year together with all the exitement of the launches and not a huge investment.

LarryC

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2002
North America
What you write is complete rubbish. First the difference that more than 99% of all the people who care about Steve Jobs are absolutely free to state their opinion of him, whatever it is (company employees are usually not allowed to say things that reflect negative on their company), while 99% of all the people who care about Kim Jong Il would be in deep trouble if they criticized him. Second, Steve Jobs actually made Apple a very successful and rich company, while Kim Jong Il was responsible for millions of people starving. Third, your opinion that "Steve Jobs is being deified" is complete and utter crap.

complete and utter crap eh, I guess you haven't seen this:

http://rt.com/s/tmp/i60a366bc775fda859c7c6e7db077bf9d_untitled-519674.jpg

Attachments

• i60a366bc775fda859c7c6e7db077bf9d_untitled-519674.jpg
    i60a366bc775fda859c7c6e7db077bf9d_untitled-519674.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 85
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.