Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBiv

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2008
Australia
I'm in Australia Melbourne and finally got my email with Product Shipped. The serial number confirms it's a New 8Gig nano.

If anyones interested:

Requested 12th November
Sent 14th November
Product Pending 25th November
Shipped 22nd December
Email Today 23rd December.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
Just got my package and it's a 6th gen 8GB nano (silver). Nothing in the box but the nano and a document explaining the replacement and the fact that it only has a 90 day warranty. Looks new too, with the clear plastic peels on both sides although it may well be a refurb.

Zeph74

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2011
I'm from the UK also and still waiting.

Step 1 Request

21 November 2011: Product received

Step 2 Service

21 November 2011: Issue identified

Step 3 Return

21 November 2011: Product replacement pending

ericye

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2011
Eric from Toronto Canada. I got a 6th Gen Silver replacement today. Same packaging as above.

dealmaker

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2010
I'm in the UK.

I've been "service requested" since 13th November

And

Product Replacement Pending since 6th December!!

Pixellated

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
In the UK here, requested replacement on the 21/12/11, box shipped on 21/12, got the box 23/12, sent iPod off 23/12. Sooo hoping I get a 6th Gen.

g0odfr1end102

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Montreal, Canada
Same here, in France. Strange thing, however, is that the dates on my repair status have completly changed the other day. I sent mine in on November 24 and here's what comes up:
-Step 1 request: December 6th
-Step 2 service: December 6th
-Step 3 return: December 6th

It nearly seems as if Apple is screwing with me (us, European), and I really don't like it—allthough I'll get a new iPod at the end. Still, I find their services rather mediocre. I called the customer service and NO ONE could help me out: two of the guys I spoke to were simply unable to understand my situation (as they probably weren't aware of the first gen recall).
So yeah, I really hope I'll fin a 6th gen iPod in my mail, allthough I haven't had any kind of mail from Apple since I sent it in.
By the way, question: has someone got this famous mail from Apple in Europe?

metabo

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2011
I'm in Japan and my 1st gen nano was purchased from Japan. I requested service on Nov. 18th and the pick-up was scheduled the next day. Delivery guy never came, this was because of a glitch in Apple's system (I had to call them, they were aware of the problem but couldn't be bothered contacting me, instead they waited my call).

Product was finally received on 26th of Nov. and it's been in "Product replacement pending" ever since. It seems that North America is serviced first and the rest of the world, well, who really cares?

All in all I'm pretty disappointed. The service level of Apple seems to be way below the industry standard in Japan, I have product replacement experience with Toshiba and Nikon, they were swift and precise.

obobobobo

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2011
UK getting 6th Gen

I'm in UK and got email that my replacement on the way yesterday. It's a 6th gen.

I requested repair the day this hit the news but they're on their way to the UK at least!

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I'm in UK and got email that my replacement on the way yesterday. It's a 6th gen.

I requested repair the day this hit the news but they're on their way to the UK at least!

GTFI. Hope that I get a 6th gen then, requested the repair on the first day as well. No shipping email yet though.

Parkbruce

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2011
Barrington RI
I have requested two ipod nanos. one i ordered the first day of recall and the other on november 28. The first one i just got an email from apple that they sent the replacement and i checked the serial number and its the 6th gen...the second one i still havnt received the box for...

khimbar

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2007
I have requested two ipod nanos. one i ordered the first day of recall and the other on november 28. The first one i just got an email from apple that they sent the replacement and i checked the serial number and its the 6th gen...the second one i still havnt received the box for...

Are you in the US?

MST

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
Surrey, UK

Hmmm...pics/screenshot or it didn't happen!?!?

I requested service on 12/11 and my repair status has been product replacement pending since 18/11 :rolleyes:

obobobobo

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2011
I doubt I'm the only one that got one. And I doubt Boxing Day is a holiday wherever the nano got shipped from (shipping link isn't active yet).

I'll do a screenshot later if no one else gets an email today. Suspect it won't be needed!

khimbar

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2007
I doubt I'm the only one that got one. And I doubt Boxing Day is a holiday wherever the nano got shipped from (shipping link isn't active yet).

I'll do a screenshot later if no one else gets an email today. Suspect it won't be needed!

Unless you're the same guy someone on the Apple support forum got an email yesterday too, and he's also got a 6th gen serial number.

:eek:

obobobobo

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2011
Sorry, that was me too. I'll do a screenshot as no one else is posting they've got their email.

repair.jpg

woaha

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2011
France
Waiting in France

Service Requested : November 13, 2011

--------

Step 1 Request : December 6, 2011: Product received

Step 2 Service : December 6, 2011: Issue identified

Step 3 Return : December 6, 2011: Product replacement pending

--------

Still waiting here in France…

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.