Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laserbeam273

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Australia
I'm running Safari 5.1.2 and Lion. For the last couple days I've been struggling to get videos to view as fullscreen - anybody know why this is?

BreakGuy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NZ, South Pacific
I'm running Safari 5.1.2 and Lion. For the last couple days I've been struggling to get videos to view as fullscreen - anybody know why this is?
Try emptying your cache using ⌥⌘E (Option+Command+E). If that doesn't work attempt to reset Safari by clicking on 'Safari' in the menubar and selecting 'Reset Safari...'

laserbeam273

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Australia
Try emptying your cache using ⌥⌘E (Option+Command+E). If that doesn't work attempt to reset Safari by clicking on 'Safari' in the menubar and selecting 'Reset Safari...'

Ah, I hate reseting Safari! Oh well, did it anyway and it works. I did it also for my MBP, but I decided to narrow down what it was. You only need to "Reset all website data".

toxicz

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2012
Pakistan
Cant full screen youtube in safari

I had the same problem for last week, tried different forums but nothing worked out. Thanks to both of you reset safari did worked and "only the website data removal" is enough to treat this bug!
Appreciate your time and effort

World Citizen

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2011
my solution (done it 10 times or more)

Download flash again from the adobe site and install... Even i you have it.
Than empty cash/cookies etc....

reboot.

Succes!

andreiru

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2008
Kurgan, RF
Clearing websites fixed the issues completely and seems to have improved overall performance, YouTube aside, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.