Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
How do i make my photos smaller? Ive been sending pics through email that i took with my digital camera and they come out HUGE. Can i make them smaller in iphoto?

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
I don't know how to reduce them in iPhoto. I use ThumbsUp 4.1. This app is designed to reduce the size of a bunch of photos, not just one, although it would work. You just put in the size, either in pixels or percentage, and then drag the file into the icon. Very simple. I also would recommend Photoshop Elements 3, but that costs money.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
In iPhoto, choose Export from the Share menu, then choose the option to scale down the photos. This is from memory so the option might be slightly different.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Another way to do this in iPhoto that's really easy is to select all the photos you want to email, and then hit the email button down at the bottom. It will give you the option to resize them for emailing, and will do so automatically after you tell it to.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
CaptainCaveMann said:
How do i make my photos smaller? Ive been sending pics through email that i took with my digital camera and they come out HUGE. Can i make them smaller in iphoto?

are you really captain cave man?

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Hmmm...a 6 year old topic comes mysteriously back to life.

spam-300x300.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.