Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomamon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Flemington, NJ
So my frustrations with my iPhone and Music/Match are growing...

Now only are songs that are ON my phone STILL not showing up in MUSIC.

But now I notice I can no longer remove songs from my phone? I have unchecked the songs I wanted to remove and resynced. After doing so I go back into music and those songs are still on my phone. How do you remove songs with Match?

I am beyond frustrated, it has been months since these problems started and I just want to see all my music on my phone.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Turn off match on your computer and phone, then manually remove the music. Then turn it back on in both.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
img0001s.png

thomamon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Flemington, NJ
It's easier than the other option Saving just posted, which is one by one!

It would depend on how many songs their are to delete, but your way is easier.

Take my way as an alternative.

Still don't like either option, I want to be able to do it the way I did it before without having to go in and turn it on/off.

Do you know how to get my missing music to show up that is on my phone, but not coming up in Music?

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Still don't like either option, I want to be able to do it the way I did it before without having to go in and turn it on/off.

Do you know how to get my missing music to show up that is on my phone, but not coming up in Music?

Where is it not showing up? On the computer in iTunes?

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
No, on my phone when I click the music app and go to artists. However, they are there when I do a search on the phone.

----------

Are they possibly listed under something else, such as various artists for a compilation album?

thomamon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Flemington, NJ
Are they possibly listed under something else, such as various artists for a compilation album?
Tried that yesterday and resynced, but still didn't show up. They use to show up, but for some reason they just stopped and i can't figure out how to get them back.

Although now I am thinking that when I went in yesterday and unchecked compilation, and resynced, they weren't really resynced thanks to Match.

But they use to show up there, just not sure when they stopped showing up.

thomamon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Flemington, NJ
Just turn iTunes Match back on under Settings> Music

Tried that but everything has a cloud next to its name now...

----------

Didn't for me, left everything on my phone and iPad. Weird! I'm using Match, too.

Bahaha! It just took 15 minutes to disappear! ROFL
Yes, because it takes a while for everything to delete.

----------

One more thing, if I delete the music from my phone that doesn't show up in Music and redownload it under purchased, it then shows up...

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle

----------

Then you can go into an album, artist, playlist or whatever, scroll to the bottom and there's a download all option.

thomamon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Flemington, NJ
Then you can go into an album, artist, playlist or whatever, scroll to the bottom and there's a download all option.

I do not want to have to do that for 30GB worth of music, I want it all there, lol

Also, did you see where I said that if I delete the music from the phone and then go to Purchased and redownload it directly to the phone it shows up in Music?

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey

----------

----------

One more thing, if I delete the music from my phone that doesn't show up in Music and redownload it under purchased, it then shows up...

Tap on the cloud and it will download. The cloud icon signifies that it uploaded to Match and available for download.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
I do not want to have to do that for 30GB worth of music, I want it all there, lol

Also, did you see where I said that if I delete the music from the phone and then go to Purchased and redownload it directly to the phone it shows up in Music?

OMG! You're too damn picky! LOL

Well, where would you rather it show up? :p

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle

----------

----------

I only had about 6 songs on there right now, it shouldn't have taken that long.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.