Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glossolalia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
Hey everyone,

Just bought an iPad and I'm trying to figure out how to transfer/sync all my texts from my iPhone to my iPad. Can someone tell me an easy way to do this?

Thanks!

Brandon

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
There's no way. SMS is a phone function, and iPads don't have phone capacity. There are texting apps that let you receive SMS on an iPad, but since they use a different phone # from your iPhone, the texts can't sync between iPad and iPhone. Even with iMessage, in order for the message to be sent to both iPad and iPhone, the sender has to send the message to your email address, not your phone #.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
There's no way. SMS is a phone function,
True. However, if all you want to do is look at your SMS history, both sent & received, you could use something like PhoneView on your Mac, export the SMS to a PDF or some other format and then view those on the iPad. This is something I've done.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
If you used the Google Voice app with a Google Voice number for all of your texts (and abandoned the message app on the iPhone), you could have the same conversations on the iPad as the iPhone. Also, you could use GrowlVoice on a Mac, or GVNotifier on a Windows PC. Plus, you could text and see history via a web browser on any system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.