Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kyllle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
Just got an iPad 2, I was able to download apps for the first few hours (I installed one app and one book sample), but now when I try it gets stuck on "waiting" with the bar empty, and after a while it says cannot connect to iTunes store.

I tried resetting, signing out and in, etc, and I get a message that says "This app and 1 other could not be installed at this time. Please try again later."

The same thing happens when I try to install a newspaper, so it's not just apps.

So I thought it was just something wrong with my iPad and I would take it in tomorrow, but then I tried installing an app in iTunes my PC and I got an error that said the network connection timed out.

It's also stuck on waiting when using my iPhone 4 over both wifi and 3G (Verizon).

This is not something wrong with my wifi, as I can still browse the iTunes store and the internet connection is still fast, so I thought maybe the iTunes store is down? Either that or something is wrong with my iTunes account, I'm not sure.

Thanks

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
It's Christmas. My guess is iTunes is being hammered with requests for purchases, new device/account activations, etc. Keep trying.

You may also try resetting your WiFi router if you keep losing wifi signal. But my bet is iTunes is just temporarily overwhelmed.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
It may be just a problem with the App Store. Wait until later today or tomorrow and try again. If you don't have any success then, post again and we will see if we can help.

Kyllle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
Ok thanks guys, that's what I was hoping it was. I'll be passing by the apple store tomorrow anyways so I can always bring it in and ask them if it still doesn't work.

Merry Christmas!

Edit: apparently it's just something wrong with my iTunes account, because I made another one and it works with that one

Last edited:

RByers89

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Indiana
Got my mom a iPad and dad a iPod touch and I have about $100 in iTunes gift cards I've been trying to redeem and download apps. iTunes is just hammered and not working right now. It's not your account. You just got lucky with one download.

CuppyCake

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2010
Washington, DC
If you are holding the iPad at the top left area you are also blocking the connectivity communication for wifi or 3G. My mother does this alot when we are using FaceTime.

antiwindows

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
Bugtussel
I'm having the same issue as the OP, but I can download Apps all day with my Imac. My first though was that Apps store is getting hammered, but after the IMac can load appps, now I'm not sure.
Would it have anything to do with the Apple ID account being different on the Imac then the Ipad

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
I'm having the same issue as the OP, but I can download Apps all day with my Imac. My first though was that Apps store is getting hammered, but after the IMac can load appps, now I'm not sure.
Would it have anything to do with the Apple ID account being different on the Imac then the Ipad

They access two different App Stores. Apple sold a lot more iPhones, iPods and iPads than they did OSX devices.

antiwindows

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
Bugtussel
An update, tried to load an app on our iPad last night, I was still getting the App store not available. I next turned off the Iclould account on the iPad, everything started to load, with no "errors"

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
If I remember correctly, Apple shut down the App Store for Christmas for about a week and gave employees vacation time. That would certainly have effected service.

Betonyjoy

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2012
First time iPad user

I'm also having the same problem; I can download apps to my iPad 1 via my (Winows) pc but not directly on the iPad itself. Strangely, I've been able to do it intermittently, just not every time. Surely this cannot be the case for me?

Liking this forum, btw guys!

codfreak1994

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
Apps

Mine is doing it to and actually it's making me mad cuz I bought apps that cost money and I can't download them. What do I do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.