Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Senex

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2011
Northern Indiana, USA
If someone could answer that question, I'd appreciate it, thank you. :)

According to Apple Online Store Help:

In accordance with state and local law, your Apple Online Store purchases will be taxed using the applicable sales tax or seller's use tax rate for your shipping address, or the Apple Store address where the item is picked up.

The tax listed during checkout is only an estimate. In California and Rhode Island, sales tax is collected on the unbundled price of the iPhone.

Your invoice will reflect the final total tax, which includes state and local taxes, as well as any applicable rebates or fees.​

As far as shipping, the answer is yes. And they'll only ship to addresses within the United States proper.

Merkava_4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
California
Thanks guys for the quick replies. I'm weighing the cost of buying an iPod from Apple as opposed to buying one from Amazon. It looks like Amazon might be cheaper with their no tax and free shipping.

Senex

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2011
Northern Indiana, USA
Thanks guys for the quick replies. I'm weighing the cost of buying an iPod from Apple as opposed to buying one from Amazon. It looks like Amazon might be cheaper with their no tax and free shipping.

Do you live anywhere remotely near a BestBuy/Walmart/Target (etc)? You might may a few bucks in local sales tax, but you get the added benefit of instant gratification :D

Merkava_4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
California
Do you live anywhere remotely near a BestBuy/Walmart/Target (etc)? You might may a few bucks in local sales tax, but you get the added benefit of instant gratification :D

Yes, we've got BestBuy/Walmart/Target all right here in the same town.

I guess we're big time consumers now. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.