Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brimoody

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2011
Virginia
Hello,

I would like to know your opinions on Pages on the IPad and the Mac. I have both and I am trying to figure out which one to purchase. I am looking to build a resume with this application. Future use would include viewing word docs. Not much doc building after the resume in the future.

Thanks

Brian

Hook'Em2006

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Plano, TX
I would buy it for Mac. I can't see using an iPad to do much document creating. I dunno, having a physical keyboard is a must for me though when typing/editing documents.

waynep

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2009
Both are pretty cheap. I would go for it on the Mac first . . . or both. I don't have a iPad yet but and planning on it . . i'll get Pages for it and use it both paces.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
I own both and the Mac version is far superior. It's much more flexible, and easier to work with IMO. I think of the iPad app as more of a companion to the full desktop app.

TjeuV

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
Belgium
I'm using both. When typing on the iPad I simply use my bluetooth keyboard so I can continue working from where I left off on my mac.

Both are well capable for making a resume.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
I've got both. If all you want to do is build a resume, the iPad version will be more than sufficient. Then, afterwards, you'll have the convenience of being able to view your docs on the go.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
I've got both. If all you want to do is build a resume, the iPad version will be more than sufficient. Then, afterwards, you'll have the convenience of being able to view your docs on the go.

I agree completely. I have both, but use the iPad 99% of the time. I use the OSX Laptop to manipulate photos, if neccessary, and to back up and sync the iPad.

Smashngrub

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
If I buy Pages for Macbook, then do I get it free for ipad and iphone etc.
Or, if I get Pages for ipad, then do I at least get it free for iphone etc?

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2012
Pages is a 'universal' app meaning buy it once for both your iPad and iPhone, but pay separately for your Mac. If you buy Pages for your iPad only, do you have a compatible printer?

Snarl

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2012
Canada Eh
I'd get it for the Mac first but it's handy to have it for both.

I typically create a document on my MacBook Pro, save to iCloud and it's accessible on my iPad.

Please note that when opening a document on your iPad that was created on a Mac it may "Reformat' slightly, I just save a second iPad copy until I'm comfortable that it's an insignificant change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.