Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heateris

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
SEPA
I have the latest version of TeamViewerHD installed on my iPad and the updated TeamViewer Host on my 2010 Mini. When I try to connect to my mini via my iPad I get "connection could not be established......Please check TeamViewer and Internet connection on partner computer."

I thought the host app on my Mini kept a port open or something like that.

Any ideas?

moonman239

Cancelled
Mar 27, 2009
Is the Wi-Fi connection on your iPad and your Mac working? I am assuming that's a yes.

If it is, try connecting to TeamViewer from another computer.

Heateris

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
SEPA
Is the Wi-Fi connection on your iPad and your Mac working? I am assuming that's a yes.

If it is, try connecting to TeamViewer from another computer.

I'm guessing it's because my Mac is in sleep/standby mode. I'm frustrated because I thought the TeamViewer Host app addressed that.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with my Xfinity gateway router.

bluedukies8

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2009
Iowa
Have you checked your settings on your mini to make sure you can connect to it if it is in sleep/wake? I had to change the settings on my work computer at first to allow this to happen. :)

Heateris

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
SEPA
Have you checked your settings on your mini to make sure you can connect to it if it is in sleep/wake? I had to change the settings on my work computer at first to allow this to happen. :)

Thanks, I'll look into it. Do you remember were those settings are?

bluedukies8

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2009
Iowa
Thanks, I'll look into it. Do you remember were those settings are?

If I remember correctly and if it is the same setup for Mac & Windows, open up TeamViewer on your mini, there should be a "connection" tab at the top. I believe under this you will select "setup access" or "unattended access". When you click that it should pop up a window or box asking for your computer name and to setup a password that you will type in to gain access (this password can be setup to "remember" for you).

If that doesn't work or isn't the same let me know and I will double check quick.

Doug Lassiter

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2012
Let me refresh this thread and ask a related question. First of all, I really like TeamViewer. It makes it so simple to help someone remotely use their machine. I'm using an iMac 10.6.8 and Teamviewer v6.

But what's odd is that every once in a while, I bring up the TeamViewer screen, and it simply doesn't show "Your ID" on the left hand side of the control panel. Just a dash " - ". What does this mean? That I don't have an internet connection? It appears that I do. I can use a browser and get out easily. When this happens, I'm unable to connect as a client or as a server. I restart TeamViewer, and get the same thing. I reboot the Mac and get the same thing. Using "recommended" proxy settings. I throw up my hands, walk away, and he next day, everything is fine. Weird.

Now, so far, this has been happening inside my local network. In this context (and it may be unrelated to this problem) I'm trying to understand what "Connection to Local Network" in the General preferences is for. When should I have this set to be "deactivated", "Accept", or "accept exclusively"? The manual is unclear on what's special about local network connections.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.