Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shredder-

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2012
The built-in batteries in the newer Mac unibody notebooks come pre-calibrated and do not require regular calibration like the removable batteries.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

I'm very confused. It says Macbook (Pros) does not need to be calibrated, yet the guideline says "Macbook Pro (All models)" followed by instructions on how to calibrate. Do I need to calibrate or not with my macbook pro 13" Late 2011?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I'm very confused. It says Macbook (Pros) does not need to be calibrated, yet the guideline says "Macbook Pro (All models)" followed by instructions on how to calibrate. Do I need to calibrate or not with my macbook pro 13" Late 2011?
The calibration instructions are only for models that require calibration. Yours doesn't require calibration.

The CALIBRATION - NEWER UNIBODY MODELS section is pretty clear in identifying which models don't require calibration and states, "For models that require calibration, see the CALIBRATION section below."

Shredder-

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2012
The calibration instructions are only for models that require calibration. Yours doesn't require calibration.

The CALIBRATION - NEWER UNIBODY MODELS section is pretty clear in identifying which models don't require calibration and states, "For models that require calibration, see the CALIBRATION section below."

So my macbook will never need calibration? Why are so many people doing it in the macbook pro section on this forum? :confused:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
So my macbook will never need calibration? Why are so many people doing it in the macbook pro section on this forum? :confused:
Because so many have older MBPs that require it. As stated in the FAQ, if you suspect your battery readings are inaccurate, it won't hurt to calibrate, but it shouldn't be necessary with your model.

lionheart619

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
Because so many have older MBPs that require it. As stated in the FAQ, if you suspect your battery readings are inaccurate, it won't hurt to calibrate, but it shouldn't be necessary with your model.

The battery capacity is deceasing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-14 at 9.33.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-01-14 at 9.33.06 PM.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 310

Eliz

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2012
5 hours or "longer"? how much is "longer"?

while calibrating my battery last time, i let the drained battery rest for about 9 hours. Apple says 5 hours or longer. What is the max i can rest it for? i'd gone to sleep while calibrating. and it really suxxx... plz help...

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
while calibrating my battery last time, i let the drained battery rest for about 9 hours. Apple says 5 hours or longer. What is the max i can rest it for? i'd gone to sleep while calibrating. and it really suxxx... plz help...
What model Mac do you have? The built-in batteries in the newer Mac unibody notebooks come pre-calibrated and do not require regular calibration like the removable batteries.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.