Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I'm trying to use my iPad xbmc app to airplay my movies i have in my iTunes folder. i tried putting them on my appletv2 directly and cover art doesn't show up and is too slow to load everything. Is this possible as i have the app on my mac and my iPad. Just trying to figure out how to get it from my mac to my iPad the best way with all the cover art and in order.

ajohansson

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9Z999 Safari/7534.48.3)

XBMC has nothing to do with streaming movies to your ipad or ATV2 from itunes.

to watch anything from your mac you turn on home sharing in itunes and on your ipad/ipod/iphone/ATV2. on your device go to where the movies are all of your movies that are in itunes will be on there with artwork.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
yes i understand that. how would i get the movies to my iPad(from my computer) with that app? then i could play them from my iPad to my appletv via airplay.

i tried to just allow the movies from my computer be available on my apple tv bypassing the iPad all together but there is no cover art like i have on my iTunes and it takes too long to show up and scroll through the files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.