Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bulldog3777

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
There are times I have a red dot on the phone icon. I tap it and then there is a red dot on the voice mail icon. I tap that and there is no voice mail message. I look at recent calls and there are none for day's. I am old and don't talk much. What is the red dot trying to tell me?

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
I've seen that before when I haven't had a data connection (no Wifi signal at work, and 3G was turned off so I wouldn't go over my limit). When I went into voicemail, it said visual voicemail wasn't available because I didn't have a data connection. It said I had to call the voicemail number in order to retrieve my messages.

Fudd

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2011
I had this happen once when someone left me a voicemail and the phone had difficulty fetching it even though I had good connectivity at that time. A couple of days later, it finally came through and the dot went away.

This was on verizon and I've had delayed voicemail a couple of times in the past on other phones as well so I suspect its a carrier issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.