Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radge

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
Salt Lake City, UT
We all remember how the "iPad 2.5" was going to be released in time for the holidays last year with the TRUE iPad 3 is coming in March? Just more speculation with no facts.

originalpckelly

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2008
Let's see what the sarcastic 8 Ball says:

"Do you really need me to tell you? And by the way, I've been cheating on you with the iMac! AND THE IPAD 2!"

So yeah, whatev.

anthonylambert

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2002
UK
iOS deviced will support Thunderbolt sometime...

There must be support for ThunderBolt in iOS devices sometime soon... This will provide a huge leap in the sync speed of Pads and Phones.

iPad 4, iPhone 5, killer feature?

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Does anyone else remember the "credible" rumors of an iPad 3 in the Fall, with a new iPad in the Spring?

It's not happening. Apple has made it clear they are sticking to their typical product life cycle period of 9-15 months. With iOS products its always been minimally 12. I don't see that changing, and if it does, that means we would see the iPad 3 in February (since January is running out of time), and Apple would NOT release an iPad 4 days before Christmas.

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
Won't be long until we hear rumors of the iPhone 6 or 7.

It's getting a bit silly now.

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
Wasn't it reported that the iPad3 would be out in October 2011 shortly after the iPad2? Sounds like someone who likes to create rumors likes this one.

I cannot see this happening.

Quite.. Still, MacRumors posting fanciful BS on a nigh on daily basis is nothing new.. :rolleyes:

tatonka

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2009
Oh brother..

Here we go again, let's just rehash the whole rumor mill from last year, where iPad 2 was to come out first, then iPad 3 in the fall.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

Thanks .. you took the words right out of my mouth .. what a useless rumor. Just like the two iPhones last year and the second iPad for the holiday season .. argh.

T.

unrose

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2008
Fud

If I were a tablet maker and I was going to launch against the iPad3, I would leak a story that an iPad4 was sure to follow. It puts some cold water on the iPad3 hype and opens people up to explore the whole market. And it worked, against the iPhone4s: how many people on this forum declared they would hold off for a phone with a "5" in the name?

DDaddyx2

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Here we go with these stupid rumors again. Apple will not release an iPad in March and another one in the Fall. Ipad 3 comes out in March with retina display, A6 and better camera. Ipad 2 stays around as the budget option. New, redesigned iPhone comes out in the Fall. Rinse, repeat.

Not sure about the 7" Ipad. With my iPhone and iPad, I personally don't need something else in the middle.

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
I'd be surprised if they released two iPads in one year. This idea seems to imply that the technology they want for iPad 3 wont be ready by March. If this is true, I think Apple will just hold out. It seems like they actually care about their products, they're not just a cash cow, so I'd be very surprised if they were going to market, produce and sell a product they all knew would be replaced a few months down the line.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Hopefully Apple doesn't plan on doing this. Android is annoying enough what with the Droid Charge, Droid Bionic, Droid Moronic, Droid Idiotic....

cxny

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
New York
No Way

However I do think they will keep iPad 2 on the market for the rest of '12 and bring the iPad 3 in as the must have toy for the year. I'd probably go for it finding my first gen getting rather slow with frequent browser crashes etc.

ArcaneDevice

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2003
outside the crazy house, NC
Who would buy the iPad 3 with an iPad 4 coming within 6 months? Nobody - which is why a rumour like this is likely planted by Apple's competitors.

Who would buy it? The vast majority of the consumer buying public who don't read this site. Plus, some people who do read this site and don't pay attention which is why there is always the refrain of "Damn I just bought an _ithing_ last week and now Apple release a new one!"

It's the same reason Apple is selling truck loads of the iPhone 4S when it's basically another swiss-cheese G4.

tatonka

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2009
There must be support for ThunderBolt in iOS devices sometime soon... This will provide a huge leap in the sync speed of Pads and Phones.

iPad 4, iPhone 5, killer feature?

Yeah sure .. because sync speed is the biggest concern of people.
That "killer feature" wouldn't even work on the majority of the users computers, besides with iCloud and wireless sync we are certainly moving away from tethered syncs.

T.

swarmster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2004
On the same basis is Macrumors any more reliable?

Seriously, guys. It's bad enough that you're still posting anything from Digitimes, but to do a write up for their copy/paste of the exact same fake rumour they made up last year? It's almost insulting.

The real question is, who at Digitimes is shorting AAPL that they have to try and muddy every release by claiming it's only interim?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.