Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperJudge

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2008
The Triangle, NC
Logitech Z5450s....no longer in production...but I love the sweet retro looking receiver.

The x-armor is great. Brown switches so its a good compromise for me for the tactile feedback and not too clicky. Only problem is that the LEDS burn out. That sucks.

That's a shame. The retro receiver is what caught my eye. Time to set up a new eBay alert. ;)

Good to know about the LEDs. Thanks!

seepel

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
Got my Swan M10s last thursday I believe tried em out on my macbook unplugged it and now my MacBook is stuck on optical output but not even normal earbuds work any more, took it to the apple store they said I have to replace the logic board. :( But heres my Set up with the speakers.

I had this happen on my old MacBook from time to time. You can actually short the sensor with a paperclip to reset it. Check google for more info. (unless you have Apple Care of course).

TheDrizzle-0

macrumors member
May 3, 2011
I had this happen on my old MacBook from time to time. You can actually short the sensor with a paperclip to reset it. Check google for more info. (unless you have Apple Care of course).

Dude dont even get me started on that! Ive tried that for the past 2 days it aint working. I can get the sensor to start flickering but thats it. Also the dude at the apple store got it to go back to heaphones when they were plugged in but all I get is static from the headphones. Im going to give it a shot until tomorrow but if it doesnt work im gonna send it to repair. It really sucks not to be able to listen to anything!!! All I can do is read articles!!!

friedymeister69

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2006
Dude dont even get me started on that! Ive tried that for the past 2 days it aint working. I can get the sensor to start flickering but thats it. Also the dude at the apple store got it to go back to heaphones when they were plugged in but all I get is static from the headphones. Im going to give it a shot until tomorrow but if it doesnt work im gonna send it to repair. It really sucks not to be able to listen to anything!!! All I can do is read articles!!!

I don't know if this is the same issue, but with my 2011 13" MBP, whenever I plug in external speakers or headphones, the volume indicator goes gray and I can't control the volume. I found that by opening iTunes, playing a song, and then closing and reopening iTunes again the sound sometimes come back.

TheDrizzle-0

macrumors member
May 3, 2011
I don't know if this is the same issue, but with my 2011 13" MBP, whenever I plug in external speakers or headphones, the volume indicator goes gray and I can't control the volume. I found that by opening iTunes, playing a song, and then closing and reopening iTunes again the sound sometimes come back.

Ive tried everything from compressed air, to qtips, paper clips, safety pins, etc. Nothing works. When I have headphones in it recognizes it headphones but I only get static. I get paid this week so Ill have money for the repair :rolleyes:

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
As soon as my room is finished I will post my setup, going to procure Chicago floating shelves in that classic apple store wood (I think it's pine, or spruce?). Also hang some Beatles posters, and do some wire hiding.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Updated Things a bit...

I am feeling inspired by you guys, so I have updated my setup a bit as well. Moved everything against the wall. I have moved the printer to the desk...though the printer is Wi-Fi so technically I could've placed this thing anywhere :)....but oh well, I think it looks good where its at. Any other recommendations you guys? Love this thread! IMG_0511.jpg

Items in Picture:

MacBook Pro 13" Core i5 Early 2011
Samsung SyncMaster B2030 20" Monitor
HP Photosmart Premium C310a w/ Apple AirPrint
Rain Design iLap stand for MacBook Pro
Apple bluetooth keyboard
Apple Magic Mouse

Items not in Picture but should be:

iPhone 4 - As usual with my pics...it was used to take the picture.

:)

iDutchman

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2010
Amsterdam, NL
Little changes:

- Thunderbolt display off the wall.
- New Bowers&Wilkins P5 headphones
- Macbook Black superb looking (free)

Attachments

• IMG_4488.JPG
    IMG_4488.JPG
    441.6 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_4489.JPG
    IMG_4489.JPG
    362.6 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_4490.JPG
    IMG_4490.JPG
    407.7 KB · Views: 333

Qwaf

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2010
Updated. I have moved my iMac and my two other monitors onto the same desk, all plugged into the iMac, but the 24" on the right also switches to my windows desktop which is under the desk.

Updated again:

2q

Added the thunderbolt display, getting rid of the cheap 22" asus display.

AmbientEleven

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
London
Not much has changed other than the addition of the little retro mic stand next to the iMac and the vinyl coaster to assist mandatory coffee consumption. :D

Attachments

• IMG_2625.jpg
    IMG_2625.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 391
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 358

joshuaginter

macrumors regular
May 19, 2011
Canada
Decided to leave behind the wireless keyboard in favor of the keyboard on the MacBook Pro itself. I personally find the laptop keyboard much easier to use.

Attachments

• IMG_4621.jpg
    IMG_4621.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 347

Nilscollection

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2011
The Netherlands
could you link to the mousepad? how is it?

It's the Hama Leather Mousepad for Mac. I can't find it on an American website (I'm Dutch) but here is one on Amazon UK :)

I'm using it for 3 months now, and I really like it. Because of the black rubber feet of the Magic Mouse it gets a little bit black, but it's hardly visible and I think it's a great, thin and stylish mousepad.

MacRazySwe

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Finally got my SD card back for my camera!

Here's my old setup when I first got an iMac G5 to replace my old PowerMac G4. This was in 2008 I believe.

3357881266_207f5c0547_b.jpg

During this summer I decided to repaint my room white, as I wanted more of a clean look. After having had the iMac G5 for 2.5 years I decided I had had enough of the jet-engine fans and malfunctioning AirPort. It was time for a new iMac! In november I bought a brand-new iMac 21.5". I must say this is the best computer I've ever had. I love the LED-screen, the Magic Mouse and Wireless Keyboard as well as the blistering performance. Also pictured is my new iPhone 4S which was bought in december. I'm contemplating putting up the M5 poster again or something similar, however I also like the clean look. Comments are welcome. :)

6668585477_7ed8be0f4f_b.jpg

Not pictured is my MacBook Pro bought in 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.