Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

santie321

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
using 4.2. Went in to to iTunes to sync the phone thinking the Photos icon would come back and nothing. How can I get my Photos (app) icon back?? :(

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
As the person above me just stated, that's not possible. The Photos app is a native one, built-in to iOS. If deleting them were an option, A LOT of us would be thrilled to remove the stock weather/stock/compass apps nobody ever uses. Do you, by chance, have folders and accidentally dropped that app into one of those folders?

Reactions: Run2h2osks

santie321

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
ouch, you are correct sir. somehow i moved the Photos icon into a folder and did not realize it. its back now :)

thanks!

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
ouch, you are correct sir. somehow i moved the Photos icon into a folder and did not realize it. its back now :)

thanks!

If you DID manage to delete a standard app icon you'd be a hero. So many people have requested the ability to hide/delete apps like stocks or others they don't use.

Alas, it's just not possible. At least you got your issue solved, though! :D

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
If you DID manage to delete a standard app icon you'd be a hero. So many people have requested the ability to hide/delete apps like stocks or others they don't use.

Alas, it's just not possible. At least you got your issue solved, though! :D

I think there was a way to "hide" an icon by dragging it over into the very last position on the very last page, then bumping it off into the non-existent next page after last by dragging another icon onto the last page. Never tried it myself, though, and not sure if it works under the current OS -- I think I heard about this method when iOS 3.x came out.

Gregh1981

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2011
Yes, it is possible

Just drag the unwanted apps to the last available page, then fill that page with other apps until the unwanted app 'drops' off the screen! I did this with the notes, stocks, weather and voice memo apps, as I have others that are by far superior to these! 1 problem, the solution is not permanent! As soon as you resync your iPhone/iPad, they come back and you have to do it all over again! Not that big of a deal, better than having to deal with them all the time!

Auburn58

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2012
deleted photo icon

I don't think that is even possible to delete the photo icon

It is possible, i did it. and I do not know how to get it back.
I have tried syncing my phone and it still is not back.
Any more suggestions?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
It is possible, i did it. and I do not know how to get it back.
I have tried syncing my phone and it still is not back.
Any more suggestions?

Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Settings. Restore as new or from a backup that you know contains what you're missing.

UFGatorMel

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2012
Settings>General>Reset>Erase all Content and Settings. Restore as new or from a backup that you know contains what you're missing.

It's even easier than that. If you can't find it doing a spotlight search, then go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout. No need to restore and all that. :D

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
It's even easier than that. If you can't find it doing a spotlight search, then go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout. No need to restore and all that. :D

Ooh, good call. I completely forgot about resetting the Home Screen layout.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.