Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kat2611

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
Well i used "Spirit" or something like that to jailbreak my ipod about 2 weeks ago, the jailbreak was succesful but the ipod was really slow and wouldnt download any apps or themes so i decided to restore it. It restored, and is now stuck on the apple logo screen and it has been two weeks.
The apple logo is on the black screen and theres the little loading symbol, and after it loads it just goes back to the apple logo,then the loading symbol comes up again!

Then in a few days it went dead (battery) so i charged it and as usual the charging red screen came up,then after it charged,it went back to the apple logo and wont do anything!

Ive tried pressing the home button and all the buttons together and everything and it dosent seem to work?
Heeeelllppp pleaseee! :)
My USB lead is broken so i only can charge it through mains.

Genosen

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2011
Well i used "Spirit" or something like that to jailbreak my ipod about 2 weeks ago, the jailbreak was succesful but the ipod was really slow and wouldnt download any apps or themes so i decided to restore it. It restored, and is now stuck on the apple logo screen and it has been two weeks.
The apple logo is on the black screen and theres the little loading symbol, and after it loads it just goes back to the apple logo,then the loading symbol comes up again!

Then in a few days it went dead (battery) so i charged it and as usual the charging red screen came up,then after it charged,it went back to the apple logo and wont do anything!

Ive tried pressing the home button and all the buttons together and everything and it dosent seem to work?
Heeeelllppp pleaseee! :)
My USB lead is broken so i only can charge it through mains.
Let e het this straight, you went to itunes and restored it right? When i did so the first time it downloaded the files succesfully but put on the the loop like yours did, what you need to do is put your ipod into restore mode again, and it will continue the restoration process,

Nickyjoe

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2012
The best way, in my opinion, is to download redsn0w, open the program, click extras, then just boot. Follow the instructions, and your iOS device should run fine. Hope this helps!

And from now on, don't restart the iPod with sleep button, or let it run dry, if this happens, do these instructions again. If you must restart, Go to cydia, and download winter board. Now, if you need to restart, run application, turn summer board mode off then back on, and click respring in the top right corner. This will do the trick:)
Hope this helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.