Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeff123816

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Hi everyone- I'm hoping there may be someone that can help with this. I work for an organization that is both backwards and paranoid, in regards to technology and security. In the office, we run Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista. We're also running IE 7, which severely limits what I can do with Google services. I am not allowed to install ANY software on to my workstation. I would like to sync my office Outlook calendar at work with my iPhone but can't find a way to do this without installing a third pary app of some sort. I also use Gmail and would be happy to use my Google calendar as an intermediary, however, I understand that the Google Sync app is required to transfer Outlook information to Google. Of course, iTunes is required to sync an iPhone directly with Outlook. Is there another solution that I am missing? This seems like it should be the easiest thing in the world but the draconian security policies of my employer force me to mannually input every appointment twice- once into Outlook and again into my iPhone (using the tiny touchscreen keyboard).

Thanks!

Last edited:

jeff123816

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
I don't really need to access my work's exchange server. I just need to sync my appointments with what I've already input into Outlook. If the boss says we have a meeting next Tuesday and a conference call next Thursday, I presently have to enter this into three seperate Calendars manually. I'd like to cut down on the iPhone typing because it is so time consuming.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
If these aren't invitations that you're responding to (if you the creator of the calendar events), then I suppose you could send an invitation from your Outlook to something such as a Google account that you could have on the phone...just for that purpose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.