Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klamse25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Why won't the Wi-Fi Personal Hotspot show up as an available network for any of my Wi-Fi enabled devices?
Is this a bug for the 4S?

klamse25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Edit: I fixed it. Just went to "Reset Network Settings" and it worked.

Last edited:

klamse25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I agree with the above poster. It has been the simplest tethering experience by far!

astral125

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
Yeah I like it a lot. Very simple, and haven't been warned for it yet. It is super easy to use when you download the SBSettings switch to toggle it too.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
It's so clean, so stock (but not!) I've had MyWi in the past but was over-engineered in my opinion. Works great!

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
I used TetherMe on iphone 4 with great success, but can't seem to get it to work on the iphone 4S. I'm on ATT and I did the network resetting but when I open my laptop, either the hotspot name doesn't show up or when it does show, I can't connect to it. I do not get the glowing blue near the top showing how many connection it has.

In the Cellular Data section, should my APN just say phone and username and password be blank?

mrcrlee

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2008
I used TetherMe on iphone 4 with great success, but can't seem to get it to work on the iphone 4S. I'm on ATT and I did the network resetting but when I open my laptop, either the hotspot name doesn't show up or when it does show, I can't connect to it. I do not get the glowing blue near the top showing how many connection it has.

In the Cellular Data section, should my APN just say phone and username and password be blank?
I'm new to the TetherMe app. Is it correct that if I have a stock iPhone4S, jailbroken, I just download TetherMe and I can tether my iPad2 to my iPhone4S, or do I need an additional program installed on the iPhone4s/iPad2?

Thanks!

Solange82200

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2010
I'm new to the TetherMe app. Is it correct that if I have a stock iPhone4S, jailbroken, I just download TetherMe and I can tether my iPad2 to my iPhone4S, or do I need an additional program installed on the iPhone4s/iPad2?

Thanks!

Correct. Im about to try it now on my 4s, I keep seeing mixed reports about it working on 4s, so hopefully it will. I already bought MyWi, bought I like the idea of using the stock settings app to tether

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008

EDIT: got it working now. strange, didn't change anything.

DP812

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2009
Japan
Sorry to respond to an old thread, but I have this problem at times, too. It seems very random. One day my laptop will find and connect to TetherMe instantly. The next, it will just keep searching for networks and will find other networks in the area, but not TetherMe when my iPhone is sitting right next to it. However, it's never failed to work once when connecting via USB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.