Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KayDay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Does anyone know why my iPhone 4S will not stay completely off? When I turn it off by holding the top button and sliding the bar to power off, it turns itself back on after powering down. This has been a continual problem (although, I do not turn it off very often.) It is not frozen and is working fine otherwise.

miss.manson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2011
Georgia
Does anyone know why my iPhone 4S will not stay completely off? When I turn it off by holding the top button and sliding the bar to power off, it turns itself back on after powering down. This has been a continual problem (although, I do not turn it off very often.) It is not frozen and is working fine otherwise.

Have you tried restoring?

KayDay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Have you tried restoring?

Nope, I haven't tried restoring yet (I just got a new computer that I still need to set up...) Guess I will have to try that.

No, my phone is not jail broken.

Thanks for your help, both of you!

ChrisMar508

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2012
Still need help

Has anyone found a solution to the issue of when you turn your iPhone 4s off it does not stay off and seconds later it turns back on? This is extremely annoying, someone please help!

charlieroberts

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2007
Well I have tried restoring it a couple of times, no longer jailbroken and it just won't stay OFF! ... Im at a loss, google isn't helping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.