Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
d15b3ea04d.jpg

Perrumpo

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
Lunar New Year celebration with a homemade Vietnamese dinner.

IMGP1476.jpg

Goi Du Du. Vietnamese Green Papaya Salad with beef jerky. Could only get ripe papaya though.

IMGP1488.jpg

Sup Mang Cua. Vietnamese Asparagus Crab Soup.

IMGP1495.jpg

Banh Xeo. Vietnamese Crepe made from rice flour, coconut milk, turmeric, and scallions. With pork and shrimp. Wrap pieces in lettuce, top with herbs, pickled diakon & carrots, and dip in Nuoc Mam Cham.

IMGP1507.jpg

Che Thai. Vietnamese fruit cocktail dessert consisting of lychee, cocunut jelly, jackfruit, longan, toddy palm seed, and grass jelly.

IMGP1521.jpg

Lychee martini.
IMGP1524.jpg

bwhinnen

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
McKinney

Goi Du Du. Vietnamese Green Papaya Salad with beef jerky. Could only get ripe papaya though.

Sup Mang Cua. Vietnamese Asparagus Crab Soup.

Banh Xeo. Vietnamese Crepe made from rice flour, coconut milk, turmeric, and scallions. With pork and shrimp. Wrap pieces in lettuce, top with herbs, pickled diakon & carrots, and dip in Nuoc Mam Cham.

Che Thai. Vietnamese fruit cocktail dessert consisting of lychee, cocunut jelly, jackfruit, longan, toddy palm seed, and grass jelly.

Lychee martini.

That all looks fantastic! Do you have a recipe for the Goi Du Du that you would be willing to share? I have a two Paw Paw (Papaya) trees, one mature and fruiting and the other not here at home and I love this when made traditionally.

ann713

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2008
California

Chuc Mung Nam Moi. :) The Goi du du looks amazing, can you share the recipe and steps? I love this dish but have never attempted myself as I'm not sure where to start.

I'm currently visiting Vietnam for the Lunar NY (Tet) and eating everything in sight!

photonnj.jpg

photo2wm.jpg

photo1cw.jpg

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Some babaganoooosh! With home made beet salad and some bread. Not that I'm vegetarian, but I love me some babaganoooosh!

Oh and not that this is all that healthy since this is made with loads of mayo (the way I like it best), and not with tehina.

Attachments

• babanoooshphoto.JPG
    babanoooshphoto.JPG
    968.6 KB · Views: 53

ann713

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2008
California
How did they taste? Please don't say like Chicken.

A lot like shrimp or perhaps calamari, with the texture of the latter. I don't blame you if they look a bit intimating but sea snails I can handle. Never mind your average garden snails (escargots) though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.