Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
I'm switching to the iPhone next week, I've had an HTC Touch up until now...

One of my favorite things about it (and Windows Mobile) was this program called MyMobiler, which displays your phone's screen as a window on your computer desktop.

It came in handy at work and stuff... I could use my computer's keyboard and mouse to control the phone.

Is there a comparable application for the iPhone??? I really hope so.

Thanks! =)

bluenoise

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
I'm switching to the iPhone next week, I've had an HTC Touch up until now...

One of my favorite things about it (and Windows Mobile) was this program called MyMobiler, which displays your phone's screen as a window on your computer desktop.

It came in handy at work and stuff... I could use my computer's keyboard and mouse to control the phone.

Is there a comparable application for the iPhone??? I really hope so.

Thanks! =)

I haven't heard of anything like this, but I can see where it could be useful, especially for creating calendar events and contacts directly on the phone.

bluenoise

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
Steve will tell you they already have that. It's called.......wait for it.....

MobileMe! :D

See, now I just knew someone was going to point out the use of MobileMe, iCal, Address Book, etc., but it was the first thing that popped into my head. :)

BOSS10L

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2008
Upstate NY
See, now I just knew someone was going to point out the use of MobileMe, iCal, Address Book, etc., but it was the first thing that popped into my head. :)

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea OP has. I'd like to see it implemented, but Apple wouldn't do that, it'd hurt MM's sales. :(

gaspomacho567

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2009
There is an application called veency but you can only download it through cydia and that requires a jailbroken phone

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
I think he means to be able to use his iPhone from his desktop computer. There is an app on Cydia for Jailbroken™ iPhones called Veency and it basically runs a VNC server on your iPhone so that you can connect to it and use the iPhone's screen remotely. Your iPhone has to be jailbroken because Veency has to run in the background so you can switch Applications without losing a connection.

Dominat0r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
Veency on your phone

Real VNC on your PC

install...

run...

open VNC on your PC, server is your phones IP...

underpants

Something

Profit....

:rolleyes:

krayziekray

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2008
Ok so I have veency installed and would like to disable it when it's not in use. I have sbsettings installed and can find it in mobile substrate addons. I want to disable everything related to veency, but so far I'm only aware of disabling veency and the simulatekeyevents toggle. However I have afew others such as prefernceloader and libhide that I did not notice before. Are these also associated to the veency app?

Thanks.

:apple: KrayzieKray :apple:

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
Hopefully sometime in the last 3.5 years, the OP has either found what they're looking for or given up trying. Either way, I doubt they're still here reading the forums hoping for an answer.

charlieroberts

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2007
Hopefully sometime in the last 3.5 years, the OP has either found what they're looking for or given up trying. Either way, I doubt they're still here reading the forums hoping for an answer.

Still other people might, don't you thinK?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.