Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

estockme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sometimes I come here and get a mobile view, sometimes I get a regular view. With mobile I can't seem to get to my posts since I don't subscribe to everything. Is there a way to bookmark/force web view OR bookmark a link to my posts in mobile view?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

estockme said:
Sometimes I come here and get a mobile view, sometimes I get a regular view. With mobile I can't seem to get to my posts since I don't subscribe to everything. Is there a way to bookmark/force web view OR bookmark a link to my posts in mobile view?

With the mobile site, I just always keep it open in a Safari page and I keep a full site open in a separate page. I've never had an issue of getting one page (mobile or full) over the other randomly.

As for the bookmarking, there really is no way to do what you ask. The mobile site is very basic and drops most of the advanced features in favor of simplicity and ease of use on the 3.5" iPhone screen.

The most you can do is subscribe to a thread you participate in, but pressing the Subscribe button at the lower right of a thread you're in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.