Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tug

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
loughborough. u.k.
hi guys, i give up, can somebody please explain how i can upload a clean screenshot or picture off my desktop!

every time i do it just gives a url where you can click and see the image.

i have searched this great site but nothing seems to work for me.

all i want to do is upload a picture, as a picture/image with nothing else.

big thanks in advance.

tug

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
loughborough. u.k.
Help:Taking Screenshots To Upload

Also, you may have better success in attracting responses to your thread, and you'll make your thread easier to find for those browsing the forum for the same answers, if you follow this tip.

as you can see from my sig. i have been an active part of this forum for nearly 2 years. i DONT need you to patronize me with instructions how to start a post.

however i would like a kindly member to tell me the steps of how to upload an image to my post. not the faqs page that i have already stated doesn't work for me.

Alaerian

Jan 6, 2005
A barstool, Innis & Gunn in hand
GGJ wasn't "patronizing" you. He was giving you a suggestion that will aid you. Your thread title isn't specific and doesn't help anyone else that may be searching for the same exact issue. Perhaps you need to take a little of your own advice.

Take screenshot.
Upload to Imageshack, Photobucket, etc.
Get link
Paste link.
Surround link with
tags.

tug

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
loughborough. u.k.
could you please advise me how to tag the image.

your advise about my post description has been taken, i agree.

however i politely asked for some friendly advice. with respect, what do you mean "my own advice"

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
as you can see from my sig. i have been an active part of this forum for nearly 2 years. i DONT need you to patronize me with instructions how to start a post.

however i would like a kindly member to tell me the steps of how to upload an image to my post. not the faqs page that i have already stated doesn't work for me.
I wasn't in any way patronizing you. I took time to respond to your thread and I attempted to answer your question, which appeared from your wording that you were having a problem taking a screen shot, so I posted a link that gave detailed instructions on how to do so. Having been "an active part of this forum for nearly 2 years", I wrongly assumed you knew how to do the simple part of clicking the paperclip icon when composing a post and attaching an image to upload. You said you searched the forum, but you didn't say what you had seen or tried. The other link I posted was to help you select a more useful thread title. It was not instructions on how to start a post. But since you've been "an active member on this forum for nearly 2 years", one would have expected you to know and practice that, as well.

If you had searched very much, you would have found: How to add a picture to a forum post

I know it's too much to ask, but it would be nice if those who ask for help would at least be courteous enough not to attack those who take the time to try to help.

Last edited:

tug

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
loughborough. u.k.
I wasn't in any way patronizing you. I took time to respond to your thread and I attempted to answer your question, which appeared from your wording that you were having a problem taking a screen shot, so I posted a link that gave detailed instructions on how to do so. Having been "an active part of this forum for nearly 2 years", I wrongly assumed you knew how to do the simple part of clicking the paperclip icon when composing a post and attaching an image to upload. You said you searched the forum, but you didn't say what you had seen or tried. The other link I posted was to help you select a more useful thread title. It was not instructions on how to start a post. But since you've been "an active member on this forum for nearly 2 years", one would have expected you to know and practice that, as well.

If you had searched very much, you would have found: How to add a picture to a forum post

I know it's too much to ask, but it would be nice if those who ask for help would at least be courteous enough not to attack those who take the time to try to help.

hi ggj,
all i can do is offer my sincere apologies, i was dead wrong in the post i made in reply to yours.
i really hope i didn't offend you too much, and again i am so sorry.
what caused it was my childish attitude towards the problem, i posted with frustration in my head.

like i said 2yrs blah blah, i have seen you post/reply thousands of times all in the name of helping people with probs.

again please accept my sincere apologies. (i am a fan)

tug.

mods. please deduct this post and the offending post i made to ggj fom my post count. thank you.

tug

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
loughborough. u.k.
Tag the image? Huh?

I detailed the steps you want to take above.

thanks for the help Alaerian, its appreciated.

i see from your avatar your into the greatest band ever.

i got every album they ever did.

Dave Gilmour has got to be the greatest guitarist ever born.

SHINE ON.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.