Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wpotere

Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
Just a few minutes ago I started getting an annoying popup[ from TotalRecipeSearch when visiting Mac Rumors. It happens when I click on any forum link and the standard popup blocker is not stopping it. Is anyone else getting this?

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
Yes. I hate popunders more than any other type of advertising. Getting one on every single page load is a bit overboard.

----------

Wow, just went to the site to give feedback and the "contact us" link is 404. They are also trying to install a toolbar in your browser. Not a quality outfit.

wpotere

Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
Yes. I hate popunders more than any other type of advertising. Getting one on every single page load is a bit overboard.

----------

Wow, just went to the site to give feedback and the "contact us" link is 404. They are also trying to install a toolbar in your browser. Not a quality outfit.

Seems to have been resolved. It has now stopped. :)

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
MR uses an ad service and doesn't approve each ad or anything like that. They can request to have certain adds removed. Next time you see an annoying ad, get the URL, take a screenshot, and post them both in this forum. The admins will take care of it.

wpotere

Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
MR uses an ad service and doesn't approve each ad or anything like that. They can request to have certain adds removed. Next time you see an annoying ad get the URL, take a screenshot, and post it in this forum. The admins will take care of it.

Fair enough... I'll try and do that next time. Couldn't do it from work due to rules. ;)

jmann

macrumors 604

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-12 at 4.25.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-12 at 4.25.36 PM.png
    107.2 KB · Views: 90

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
MR uses an ad service and doesn't approve each ad or anything like that. They can request to have certain adds removed. Next time you see an annoying ad, get the URL, take a screenshot, and post them both in this forum. The admins will take care of it.

OR...contribute $25 to MR and among other things...no more ads!! ;):D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.