Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rocky11185

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
I'm trying to find an app that will take a picture during the lock screen if my lock code/password is entered incorrectly. I found Big Brother but I couldn't find anywhere to download it. I use My Secret Folder but that only works when that app is opened. By the way, I'm using a 4th gen iPod Touch on iOS 5.0.1 that IS jailbroken. Any help would be appreciated.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
In your lockscreen, double click the home button and you will have direct access to your camera while the rest of the camera stays locked until you unlock it. No additional app needed - as long as you are on iOS5.

rocky11185

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
In your lockscreen, double click the home button and you will have direct access to your camera while the rest of the camera stays locked until you unlock it. No additional app needed - as long as you are on iOS5.

That's not what I need, although it's nice to know how to do that. I'm trying to find an app that runs in the background and if my iPod is locked and someone tries to unlock it using the wrong password/code, the iPod takes a picture of that person and sends it to my email along with their location and the code entered.

Big Brother was the only program I could find that would do what I wanted but Apple removed it from the App Store because it was capturing your lock code and sending it to the creators of program.

Last edited:

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
Oh, wow! That would be a great idea. Does your iPod have "Find My iPod?" (I don't have an iPod Touch). If so, it would be under Settings > Location Services

There is a Find My iPad/iPhone and that would be about the best you could do with iOS5. It allows you to locate it using the GPS, have it emit a siren sound (or something like that) and be able to remotely wipe all data. It's a free service now - used to be part of Mobile Me for a fee.

rocky11185

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Oh, wow! That would be a great idea. Does your iPod have "Find My iPod?" (I don't have an iPod Touch). If so, it would be under Settings > Location Services

There is a Find My iPad/iPhone and that would be about the best you could do with iOS5. It allows you to locate it using the GPS, have it emit a siren sound (or something like that) and be able to remotely wipe all data. It's a free service now - used to be part of Mobile Me for a fee.

I'm gonna try to find that now and I'll update in a minute.

EDIT: I can get that for my iPod touch but you have you have an internet connection on the iPod to use Find my iPhone. That does no good if I lock the iPod and someone takes it.

Last edited:

MauiGideon

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2008
icaughtu Pro is the tweak ur looking for.

But if you dont have an internet connection it wont sent the pic to your email anyway.

heyyitzmelissa

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2012
iCaughtYou Pro is what I use. Works everytime, compatible with AndroidLock XT as well. It's a shame it took this long for someone to post the right answer including the guy above me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.