Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Hey guys... I can't seem to find a way to transfer music from a friend's iPod Touch (or any iDevice for that matter) to iTunes on my Mac. I have a feeling that its an Apple "thing" to not be able to transfer music from an iDevice to a computer. Am I correct? :eek:

Thanks

JustHavinALaugh

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2011
Dublin IRL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

There is few freeware tools on Internet that do this like sharepod for example! Try to use Google my friend it's a wonderful tool :)

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Not judging, but I think it's against forum rules to post about how to do it. That's probably the only reason you won't get the answer you want on here. I personally am not sure how to do it. I only know how to get music from computer to computer, not directly from the iDevice.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Not judging, but I think it's against forum rules to post about how to do it. That's probably the only reason you won't get the answer you want on here. I personally am not sure how to do it. I only know how to get music from computer to computer, not directly from the iDevice.

Oh yeah, true... Sorry.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
No worries. Wish I could help. I've plenty of those moments were we just want to share artists one of us had never heard of. Hopefully someone will IM you the answer if Google doesn't turn up anything.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
No worries. Wish I could help. I've plenty of those moments were we just want to share artists one of us had never heard of. Hopefully someone will IM you the answer if Google doesn't turn up anything.

Thanks :) I guess I might have to plug my iPhone into his MBP (when he gets one haha)

Philipppa

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2012
Is it not possible to transfer music from an iPod Touch to a computer?

First, you have to know Apple doesn't like the way to transfer music from an iPod Touch to a computer or other portable devices.
But i still found lots of apps can do that task, like the popular iMedia Transfer for Mac, though it's a shareware program. If you tried the free trial version, you're limited to transfer 10 files from iPod Touch to a computer at a time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.