Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
USA
How would I go about transferring photos I took with the AT&T Z331 phone to my iMac? The phone did not come with a USB cable, but has Bluetooth functionality. Can the Bluetooth be used to transfer the photos?

Nov 28, 2010
located
Switch on the Bluetooth on that mobile, switch on Bluetooth on the Mac, pair the devices and then use the Bluetooth icon in the Menu Bar to Browse the Device or select a pic on the phone and try to find an option to send it via Bluetooth.
Do you still have the manual to that phone or have PDF version of it (found online), which explains it further?

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
USA
Switch on the Bluetooth on that mobile, switch on Bluetooth on the Mac, pair the devices and then use the Bluetooth icon in the Menu Bar to Browse the Device or select a pic on the phone and try to find an option to send it via Bluetooth.
Do you still have the manual to that phone or have PDF version of it (found online), which explains it further?

It says the Bluetooth allows you to "transfer files" between Bluetooth devices or to a laptop, but it doesn't really mention any other details.

Also, can I wirelessly transfer photos from my iPhone to iMac using the process you just mentioned? I read on Google that you can't transfer photos from iPhone to iMac through Bluetooth.

Also, should I leave the Bluetooth on my iMac "Discoverable", or should I uncheck it?

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
It says the Bluetooth allows you to "transfer files" between Bluetooth devices or to a laptop, but it doesn't really mention any other details.
Trial and error it is then.

Also, can I wirelessly transfer photos from my iPhone to iMac using the process you just mentioned? I read on Google that you can't transfer photos from iPhone to iMac through Bluetooth.
Maybe this can help, though it isn't using Bluetooth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.