Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swartj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
Need some help. iBrickr was uploading some files to my iPhone and then crashed. When I switch my iPhone on now, it only comes up with a black screen and white scrolling text, reboot and then does the same again. I have tried putting it into recovery mode, but this only switch the iPhone off. My PC also does not see it anymore in iTunes, nor does iBrickr, presumably because it is not starting up properly. How do I fix this? Please help...

seguse

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2007
black screen white text ANSWER/THE FIX

I had the same issue as you. I called Apple support and this is what they told me to do.

1. Put your iphone in the dock, with the USB cable disconnected from your computer.

2. Make sure the phone is off (The only way I got the phone to turn off is to hold the power button + the home button for like 15 seconds)

3. Once you know the phone is off, press and hold the HOME button then plug in the USB cable to your computer, keep holding the HOME button the whole time.

4. Next it should put a Yellow Triangle on your iphone and it should say "connect to itunes".

5. Now restore your phone, and you should be GOOD TO GO!

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!!!!!!

Credit All goes to Apple Support and me for typing this up. Haha

lesleyannepurse

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2007
Oh my god!!!

I have tried unblocking my phone - but my laptop crashed (st00pid Windows) and my iPhone kept restarting and was displaying this white scrolling text. I was literally crying because I thought I had completely screwed my phone - and after endless searching on the internet I came across this thread and OH MY GOD it was a complete life saver!! :eek:

Thank you SOOOO much!!!!!!! You have NO idea how happy I am right now :D

Lesley

seguse

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2007
Whoohoo!

haha. I knew it would help someone out there!

GLAD TO HEAR THAT IT WORKED FOR YA!!!

Tia1234

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2007
I had the same issue as you. I called Apple support and this is what they told me to do.

1. Put your iphone in the dock, with the USB cable disconnected from your computer.

2. Make sure the phone is off (The only way I got the phone to turn off is to hold the power button + the home button for like 15 seconds)

3. Once you know the phone is off, press and hold the HOME button then plug in the USB cable to your computer, keep holding the HOME button the whole time.

4. Next it should put a Yellow Triangle on your iphone and it should say "connect to itunes".

5. Now restore your phone, and you should be GOOD TO GO!

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!!!!!!

Credit All goes to Apple Support and me for typing this up. Haha

Man, you saved my life, well not really, but you saved me a complete day of running around to Atlanta to get my phone fixed. Thank you sooooooooo much!!!

apockk

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2008
i wish i could kiss u

u deserve an award for figuring that one out

props.... =)

i dont have to take my iphone all the way to portland now

asimkamdar

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2008
scrolling texts

I have the same problem of scrolling texxts and I tried your solution. That didnt work. As soon as I connect to PC, I get scrolling texts and cant restore the phone. I do get blue screen to with yellow triangle saying that connect to itune and then phone restarts.

Pls help!!

MrAppleHimself

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2008
Thanks!!!!!

OMG!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I didn't know what I was going to do:eek:! I was so scared. I knew that jailbreaking your iPhone got rid of your warranty and I'm only 16 and I knew my dad wasn't going to buy me another one. I sat here for about an hour about to cry becuase all I saw was white text scrolling. I thought I had destroyed the insides of my phone. but i did a search for "white text scrolling on iphone" and your wonderful help worked for me!!:D I'm currently finishing my restore. Thank you so much. You're a lifesaver!

mj7195

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2012
Awwwwwwwwwwww

it does not work for me anything the pinnaple the hold the home botton it only toon me to itunes and usb cord i dont know what to do pleeeezz help me
:mad::confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.