Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sfc1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Hi all!

So, we have a new site geared towards men's products, going from cars and phones to bacon frosting and zombie fighting tools. Because when the zombie apocalypse comes, you'll need both to survive.

Basically, anything that makes a guy drool, goes on our site.

Want to see what forum members think of what we have so far:

sofreakingcool.com

Looking for feedback, positive and negative, ideas, suggestions on both design and content.

Design-wise: what stops you and grabs your attention. Typeface? Pics?

Content: Our posts are short, so we're not getting into too much details or reviews.

With short posts, what grabs your attention? A great punchline? 1 amazing fact about the product?

Love to hear what everybody out there has to say and appreciate the time spent on responses.

Thanks for everybody's input!

Last edited:

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2003
You want honest feedback?

It's actually really nice :D Great design, clear message.

moderniste

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2005
Looks good. I took in the overall layout but zoned in on the big photos of your content. I found the text a little hard to read. You may want to consider a slightly larger sans serif typeface. Otherwise, it looks strong and clear.

sfc1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
hey thanks all, glad i'm on the right track.

@moderniste - thanks for the typeface suggestion. will experiment with different typefaces to see how they work.

@ezekielrage_99 - that alienware x51 is something special. nice and powerful..hopefully, i'll get the chance to test it out and put up a review.

@waloshin - that theme is a custom one..what'd you think of the site otherwise?

so just curious, when you guys first went to the site, what's the first thing that interests you? for me, like @moderniste, i'm always interested in nice, big pics. Is that pretty much the same for everybody?

Also, when you read through the posts, are you looking for anything in particular, like specs or 1-2 tidbits of info..I'm trying to keep the writing humorous so that all the readers get a laugh. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks again for everybody's thoughts. It means a lot, and it's great to hear that the site looks good.

CBJammin103

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2007
Louisiana, United States
I'd make that search box a bit less "in your face." It's quite distracting to me, maybe just making the text color a bit lighter would do the trick. Also the switching between the "condensed" Helvetica (it is Helvetica, right? could be wrong I suppose) and the regular bold is a bit jarring to me, but that could be personal preference.

Overall, clean, straightforward, and not confusing. :cool:

sfc1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Thanks @CBJammin103 and @NutsNGum for the comments. Seems like the majority of people enjoy the design, which is good to hear.

Anybody have thoughts on the content? Let's say about the length of the posts, the writing style, the content of each post, are there too many specs, too little, etc.

I'm grateful that everybody took the time to give their opinions, very appreciated.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.