Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
I have a macbook air and I like to do some light gaming in my free time. Just recently bought Doom 3 and i'm loving it so far.

I've played Kotor and stuff, is Neverwinter Nights 2 like that game? I love rpgs and stuff so I was just wondering.

Also, can you move with the keyboard or is it strictly point and click?

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
This video review from gamespot was posted in another thread today:
http://www.gamespot.com/neverwinter-nights-2/

I've played the game, and I loved it!

You can steer the chars with keys, but since you often have a party of 4 people, it's usually easier to click where to go, unless you wanna totally really on the AI.

AngryRedTicTac

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2011
It is a great game, not quite equal to the first, but still very good. I just bought it again last weekend on Aspyrs 5 buck sale on the app store, but it would be worth it even at the regular price.

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
I bought the Mac version when it first came out... a bit buggy, hardly ever updated and never got any of the expansions.

I got the Windows version with all expansions and played through everything by making my own port with Wineskin.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
NWN2 was an excellent RPG for its time. Now it's old. You'll have to check it out to truly know if it suits you.

922154_20061101_790screen002.jpg

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
NWN2 was an excellent RPG for its time. Now it's old. You'll have to check it out to truly know if it suits you.

It was indeed. If you loved games like Baldur's Gate I guess you'll love NWN2.
Keep in mind, the first hour of the game is boring (it's kinda a tutorial), but it just gets better

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Ok so I got it and i'm really enjoying it so far, had to tweak it a lot to get it to run on my macbook air but it runs just fine now.

Feeling really overwhelmed though. did the tutorial and everything but theres just so much to do with picking characters!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.