Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sweetchilli

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Beatles suck.

What does any of this have to do with selling phones & computers? If they want to be a media company, they have to look politically agnostic to remain appealing as a tech company.

All this makes me want to do is make the switch to a more agnostic platform, for example Android.

This is among many things that could make Apple better by simply removing it.

Is Apple now run by a bunch of moralizing silly philanthropists? What the crap? I just want a functional phone and computer with as little bull attached to it (physically or karmically) as possible. Is Siri next going to break out in song and start lecturing me on how to be nicer? I'll throw it in the trash.

So how does this effect the functional use of your computer or phone ??? If your not interested ignore it.

1 . The fact you say the Beatles suck brings your credibility into question.
2. If you weren't aware that iTunes is a huge part of apples business for 10 years. And apple tv and it's likely full tv successor, appear to be the next big thing that they are working on. Then you should climb out from under the rock.
3. How is broadcasting a live concert making a political statement ?

:confused:

Last edited:

fatboyslick

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
I completely respect Paul McCartney's contribition to music - obviously - but I just don't understand Apple's continued fascination with him. He's not made a good record since 1973.

If Apple want to promote Apple TV/iTunes, then why not choose a more relevant band with music that appeals to a cross-generation audience?

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Big whoop...yet more Beatles junk. Cant stand McCartney...very much full of himself. I know the americans have thing strange thing about the Beatles, and whilst sure they made great music they are very much overhyped and very irrelevant today. Its funny though, we dont really hear anything about them or McCartney at all in the UK as we simply dont care.

Personally I'd hardly call this awesome, amazing, etc.

It's clear Apple agree and know that the only people who really still give a damn about this guy is people in the US given that it'll be on at 3AM in the UK.

As someone else said: Retire already!

----------

The fact that you posted that brings YOUR credibility into question. Just because the OP doesn't like them it doesn't mean he's wrong. We've all got our own personal tastes in music.

BobbyRond

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2011
The Hague, The Netherlands
Beatles suck.

Too bad you don't like em, they did a lot for the world of music.

Paul McCartney solo? Yeah, don't care much for that either.

What does any of this have to do with selling phones & computers? If they want to be a media company, they have to look politically agnostic to remain appealing as a tech company.

All this makes me want to do is make the switch to a more agnostic platform, for example Android.

Is Apple now run by a bunch of moralizing silly philanthropists? What the crap? I just want a functional phone and computer with as little bull attached to it (physically or karmically) as possible. Is Siri next going to break out in song and start lecturing me on how to be nicer? I'll throw it in the trash.

Apple started selling content before they started selling phones... Nothing new here.

How would Apple be better in making phones or computers if they stopped supplying content?

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Yawn, Paul McCartny = Boring

So how does this effect the functional use of your computer or phone ??? If your not interested ignore it.

2. If you weren't aware that iTunes is a huge part of apples business for 10 years. And apple tv and it's likely full tv successor, appear to be the next big thing that they are working on. Then you should climb out from under the rock.
3. How is broadcasting a live concert making a political statement ?

:confused:

I completely respect Paul McCartney's contribition to music - obviously - but I just don't understand Apple's continued fascination with him. He's not made a good record since 1973.

If Apple want to promote Apple TV/iTunes, then why not choose a more relevant band with music that appeals to a cross-generation audience?

Big whoop...yet more Beatles junk. Cant stand McCartney...very much full of himself. I know the americans have thing strange thing about the Beatles, and whilst sure they made great music they are very much overhyped and very irrelevant today. Its funny though, we dont really hear anything about them or McCartney at all in the UK as we simply dont care.

Personally I'd hardly call this awesome, amazing, etc.

It's clear Apple agree and know that the only people who really still give a damn about this guy is people in the US given that it'll be on at 3AM in the UK.

As someone else said: Retire already!

----------

The fact that you posted that brings YOUR credibility into question. Just because the OP doesn't like them it doesn't mean he's wrong. We've all got our own personal tastes in music.

The last Post says it all.
Americans Love old fashion crap, just look at American Idol;)

Last edited:

Mr. Gates

macrumors 68020
Beatles suck.

Whaaaaaaaa ...????

82258440.gif

I would love for you to share with us YOUR taste in music !

82258429.jpg

You probably like Limp Bisquick or Lincoln Dork

Sweetchilli

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2011
Sydney, Australia

How so ? Just because he/she doesn't like them doesn't mean they "suck"? It's just a lame comment. and combine that with the baseless rambling about agnostic politics and tech companies - all adds up to a lack of credibility to me.

If your not into the Beatles McCartney etc and think it irrelevant, that's fine ... But Move along, and why bother posting it ? Yes we all have our own tastes... But No one asked for your musical opinions.

----------

Whaaaaaaaa ...????

Exactly what I was thinking

Last edited:

eject

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
London
Beatles suck.

Wow! What an odd rant. It has more do with selling phones and content delivery than it does spiritual or religous beliefs. Go and bore another forum with inane ramblings.

bpaluzzi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
London

Not sure what UK you're living in, but it's not the United Kingdom. :rolleyes:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Beatles suck.

Is Siri next going to break out in song and start lecturing me on how to be nicer? I'll throw it in the trash.

There is no arguing taste. I cannot criticize or evaluate current music as I know nothing about it. What little I have heard does not appeal to me - but that means nothing - it's just my taste.

The Beatles wrote music of the time. They were innovators, both musically and technically. Was every song great? Of course not. But their contribution to the development of music is,IMO, undeniable.

As far as Siri lecturing you on being nicer... well...no harm done.:D

Biscuit411

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

No 'Kisses on the Bottom' wisecracks yet? You guys are letting me down...

:)

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Really guys, what did you expect Apple to live stream? Not the likes of M.I.A...

MIA-224x300.jpg

I'm pretty sure Sir Paul will act gentlemanly and non-controversial as he sings Baby Boomers to sleep.

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
He's still alive? I thought the only one still kicking was Ringo :rolleyes:

Has PM done anything worth while in the last 20 years?

I lost all respect for him when he married that winner of a girl with one leg..... You know the one that wanted all his money...... what moron doesn't have his future x wife sign a prenup?

E.Lizardo

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2008
Beatles suck.

That's the most bizarre post I've seen in a long time.*shakes head*

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Beatles suck.

Heil to the King of Trolls!

I wonder where you copy-and-paste the above from. It definitely makes no sense in this thread. An I bet you don't even understand most of it.
Here's some advise for you:
Don't do drugs, stay in school, don't listen to crap music and don't pop your zits!
You do that, and you may survive puberty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.