Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cvam1985

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
Sorry if a newb question but can a jailbroken Sprint iPhone 4S be unlocked via some jailbroken means and then be used with an AT&T sim?

Thanks.

LoloBond

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2011
No.
No unlock currently available for the 4S.
And a sprint iPhone wont work in the US with AT&T or tmobile.

you know that Sprint 4S is CDMA and GSM? I was able to get out of contract with Sprint 2 weeks ago and some how they fully unlock my device and I can use At&t, havent try T-mobile but I guess it will work too..

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
you know that Sprint 4S is CDMA and GSM? I was able to get out of contract with Sprint 2 weeks ago and some how they fully unlock my device and I can use At&t, havent try T-mobile but I guess it will work too..

I knew its dual but locked out from using AT&T or tmobile in the US.
How did they somehow fully unlock your CDMA iPhone to accept US sims?
I never heard of that before.

LoloBond

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2011

Me either, like 4 days after I got out of contract I had to restore my phone and after I finish I got "Congratulations your iPhone has been unlocked" I asked my friend for his sim card and it worked. All Sprint did was cancel my contract.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Me either, like 4 days after I got out of contract I had to restore my phone and after I finish I got "Congratulations your iPhone has been unlocked" I asked my friend for his sim card and it worked. All Sprint did was cancel my contract.

Wow, cool.
I wonder if only sprint does that.
Cause clearly Apple and both CDMA carriers stated that this won't be possible.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario

He didn't mention that his "device" was an iPhone, just a CDMA/GSM device. A lot of Android "World" phones work this way for the CDMA carriers. That way you can take your phone abroad. I've never heard of Sprint or Verizon ever domestically unlocking phones for customers though. That is odd in my opinion

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
He didn't mention that his "device" was an iPhone, just a CDMA/GSM device. A lot of Android "World" phones work this way for the CDMA carriers. That way you can take your phone abroad. I've never heard of Sprint or Verizon ever domestically unlocking phones for customers though. That is odd in my opinion

Yes very weird.
He did say he got this message after a restore "Congratulations your iPhone has been unlocked"
So my guess is he's talking about an iPhone.

LoloBond

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2011
No.
No unlock currently available for the 4S.
And a sprint iPhone wont work in the US with AT&T or tmobile.

Question.. not even if they come up with an unlock? I thought if they come up with an unlock you will be able to use anywhere.

TIA!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.