Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skream

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
After having the case on my 4S for the past three months the hard plastic used to seal the 30pin dock has cracked. It's looked cracked for the past 2 weeks but now it finally cracked off to the point where the door doesn't stay shut and effectively loosing the waterproof seal. Anyone else have this happen to their phone and know what LifeProof's policy is regarding fixing it?

tygrubb

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Go to the website and call customer support. That sort of thing is typically covered under warranty and you should get a free replacement back.

Lioncrazz

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2009
Yep, definitely able to get a replacement for the issue. LifeProof is very easy to get in touch with.

basti4n

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2012
Same problem here...
e-mailed Lifeproof a couple of days ago, but didn't get an answer.
Seems to be a common issue cause of cheap material.
The Otterbox for my 3GS looks like new after 3 years of use, while Lifeproof 4s-case fails after 5 months. Very bad quality...

davidra

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
If you post on their Facebook page you will likely get a response within hours, or even faster. They were very responsive when I had an issue many months ago and sent me a replacement immediately. And anyone who has an old Otterbox that looks like new must not have been using the phone. Mine was loose, full of grime, and was way too big. Lifeproof cases are not perfect, but they are way better than anything else that is waterproof. I will be waiting to see the new Otterbox waterproof case, which looks like a mirror image of the Lifeproof case, except for having a steel door (which might have prevented this problem....maybe).

Ray-

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Hm. That's strange, you're not the first person I've heard have that problem. At first I thought that was an isolated incident.

basti4n

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2012
Btw.: Lifeproof rocks! It took a while but they sent me a new replacement case to Germany for free! Thats what I call a great customer support.. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.