Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chopperman9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
hey everyone!

i was having problems sending email through hotmail on my iPhone 4 and thought that by deleting the account from the mail app, it would solve my problems. after i deleted it and then re-added it to the mail app again, i noticed all my contacts and calendar had been deleted and replaced by my hotmail contacts. i tried to restore from a backup, but apparently there were no recent ones that i could use.

does anybody know of a way to get all my contacts and calendar back?? i'm very annoyed at this point, so any help would be appreciated!

thanks in advance!

zigzagg321

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
the wire
unfortunatey, no... would that have helped?

Yes, as long as you had contacts turned on in iCloud, I believe you would still have your contacts.

Go into: Setting>Mail,Contacts,Calendars> scroll down to the contacts area and what is your Default Account set to?

chopperman9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Yes, as long as you had contacts turned on in iCloud, I believe you would still have your contacts.

Go into: Setting>Mail,Contacts,Calendars> scroll down to the contacts area and what is your Default Account set to?

the default account is set to SoftBank (it's a Japanese iPhone)

----------

do you know if there's a way to restore from a backup within a backup? i am looking at the backup files and it has a whole bunch of smaller files, so i'm wondering if one of those could have the settings before i deleted hotmail from the phone..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.