Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
I changed around my aperture and went to resync with my phone, and it has been stuck on "waiting for items to copy" for a few hours ... I deleted the ipod photo cache but that didn't seem to work .. ??

eurogaroto

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Idem

I have exactly the same problem. And I've seen more people with this problem on Spanish forums but haven't seen any solution yet.

AfternoonDelete

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2010
Visited Genius Bar yesterday for an unrelated reason, but brought it to their attention. Three Geniuses looked at the situation, ran tests, even reinstalled iTunes (which I'd held off doing). Nobody could fix it. Not even the reinstalled iTunes resolved the issue.

I'd figured it was a bug from the start. I still think it's going to be fixed with 10.5.1.

eurogaroto

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
more details

I forgot to tell y tried to sync with iTunes on my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.5) and on my iMac in the office (OS X 10.7) and it didn't work on both of them. But also have an iPad2 and could sync it just fine.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
Restore your iPhone, and if you get a build not available for your device, restore on a different computer. This should solve your problems.

Xgm541

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2011
Does your itunes freeze while you do it? I had a similar issue when I tried wifi sync for the first time. It wouldnt copy my games from the iphone to my macbook air. The only thing I had to do was let it sit overnight.

eurogaroto

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Fixed!

I did something similar to this.
  1. Select the iPhone on iTunes
  2. Select any category (Info, Apps, Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, iTunes U, Books, Photos) make one modification
  3. Click Apply (sync will restart, even if it's already stuck at "Waiting for items to copy")
  4. Problem solved! :)

portow

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2011
After doing a reboot, restore, turning off icloud serves, here's what worked for me, courtesy "coordinate" at discussions.apple.com:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16396729#16396729

This might help -- I had the same problem upgrading to iOS 5 on a iPhone 4 -- it got stuck on step 6 or 6 every time, waiting for change to be applied.
I remembered from a previous iOS upgrade that Voice Memos didn't sync quite right and tied up synching between old and new iOS versions of Memos... the solution then was to either delete the voice memos on in iTunes or on the phone (can't remember which).
So I deleted all my Voice Memos on the phone and in iTunes, and the syncs work fine now.

Worked and explains why all my voicememos in iTunes were duplicated. I figured that might have been related to the iOS5 upgrade.

Anyway, I deleted all the voicememos off my iPhone (and turned off music sync [though I don't know if this is related]) and it's fixed!

lnferno

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
I did something similar to this.
  1. Select the iPhone on iTunes
  2. Select any category (Info, Apps, Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, iTunes U, Books, Photos) make one modification
  3. Click Apply (sync will restart, even if it's already stuck at "Waiting for items to copy")
  4. Problem solved! :)

If the problem happens again, you go through this same procedure?

B737

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
i had this problem a while back on 4.x...
it ended up being a corrupt file.

i deselected sync photos...
synced the phone, everything went fine...
then i started checking photo folder one at a time until the error came back which isolated the folder containing the corrupt file.
once i removed the suspect files everything was fine after that.

i suppose the same could apply to an App, Mp3 as well...

very frustrating

Accident

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2007
Possible solution to "Waiting for items to copy"

I found an alternative solution at this blog that worked for me (and lots of others, judging by his comments):

http://peter.upfold.org.uk/blog/201...o-ios-5-waiting-for-items-to-copy-sync-issue/

- Delete all copies of Voice Memos from your iPhone AND from iTunes (check none are lurking under Music (unknown artist etc.).
- Then re-sync.

Worth a try if other methods haven't helped.

All credit to Peter Upfold for this solution.

dagaz

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2006
And now, in February 2013 I'm still getting this problem - all voice memos deleted from both iPhone and iTunes, tried everything else in this thread and still stuck at the 'waiting for items to copy' point, running latest iOS (6.1.2), Mac OSX (10.8.3) and iTunes (11.0.2).

Bloody iTunes, it's enough to make me switch to Android when my current contract runs out.

gad

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
Patience has its rewards

I have a lot of music -- showed "waiting for items to copy", with no progress bar for about half the day, when restoring my iPhone 5S but it eventually worked!

Although for some unknown reason iTunes does not display a progress bar, I found one on my phone by going to Settings>General>iTunes Wi-Fi Sync. Helps a lot because I could see something was happening.

KevinLouche

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2017
After doing a reboot, restore, turning off icloud serves, here's what worked for me, courtesy "coordinate" at discussions.apple.com:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16396729#16396729

Worked and explains why all my voicememos in iTunes were duplicated. I figured that might have been related to the iOS5 upgrade.

Anyway, I deleted all the voicememos off my iPhone (and turned off music sync [though I don't know if this is related]) and it's fixed!
[doublepost=1504392474][/doublepost]So this worked. Made a change to synchronize voice messages even though I do not want them, and that change allows my thousands of photos and videos to copy from computer to iPhone. This after many attempts of trying other things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.