Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Haven't got my hands on it just yet, but this is one update I'm looking forward to with interest.

Early reports sound extremely promising. Anyone had a decent play with it yet?

woodsie

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2005
font limit?

how many fonts does fontbook2 handle now?...or do you still need something like suitcase?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Lau said:
Aaaaaaaargh!

Is that an 'Aaaaaaaargh!' -- I've got Tiger and Fontbook 2.0 hurts?

Or an 'Aaaaaaaargh!' -- oh no, it can't be as bad as Fontbook 1?

:)

L

Lau

Blue Velvet said:
Is that an 'Aaaaaaaargh!' -- I've got Tiger and Fontbook 2.0 hurts?

Or an 'Aaaaaaaargh!' -- oh no, it can't be as bad as Fontbook 1?

:)

:) It was an 'Aaaaaaaargh!' -- my fonts are the bane of my life, and I would be so pleased if FontBook 2.0 was sorted out. Sadly, iGary suggests this is not the case :(

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Well luckily, a certain princess from the UK helped me get Suitcase in without blowing up my system like it did on the first three attempts. :)

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Whats wrong with Fontbook 2.0? I went to an Apple store today and it was fine...

CaptainHaddock

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2004
Nagoya, Japan
I hear that Tiger can map most Opentype features to the equivalent AAT features, so that Opentype fonts now work better. Contextual ligatures, true small-caps, old-style figures, etc.

snkTab

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
CaptainHaddock said:
I hear that Tiger can map most Opentype features to the equivalent AAT features, so that Opentype fonts now work better. Contextual ligatures, true small-caps, old-style figures, etc.

Sounds great, now if only microsoft would make it where you don't have to see every freakin font in a opentype font family listed on the font list. I very much like have another dropdown for subfont.

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
Musicians-Be Careful with Tiger

A friend of mine is a musician and has many fonts installed so he can write sheet music in a couple of apps. After upgrading, his fonts are still residing in the fonts folder, but Font Book will not add them and they are not available for his software. Major screw up...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.