Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael147

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Hi there,

I decided to make an account here because I have a rather urgent question.

I am doubting to buy an iPhone 4 or an iPad 2 (3G). I will basically MAINLY use the device for on the go stock trading.
(In that view, I'll sign up for a dataplan with additional pay-per-minute call function.)

It goes like this: I receive an e-mail of a new stock that's popped up on my custom watchlist. I want my device to power up OR make a sound (do whatever to catch my attention) so I can check my new e-mail and place the trade.

I am sorry if this sounds a bit silly, but I'm not used to iDevices yet.

Additionaly, I wonder if there are other people out there trading from their iPhone / iPad and which one they prefer.

The size of the iPad is not an issue I think; it would even be nice to read ebooks on it.

Price of any of the two is not an issue either.

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
My iPad 2 always makes a sound when an e-mail arrives. If it is nearby, you will hear it. The iPad has a ten-hour battery life, so it can always remain powered on, even when recharging. The mail app will also list the number of unread emails underneath the app icon.

You can read through the Apple user guides for the product of your choice at this site: http://support.apple.com/manuals/

For what it's worth, my iPad 2 was my first Apple product. I had no familiarity with any iDevice but that posed no problem. They are very intuitive and friendly.

Finally, the iPad 3 will be announced soon. Don't know when you plan to purchase, but it may be worthwhile waiting until the first week of March to see what will be in the Apple pipeline.

Enjoy whatever Apple product you wind up with, and be prepared to be enchanted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.